Data Engineering Lead - Group Strategy and Projects (Innovation & Data Lab)(12-Month Contract)
We are on an exciting journey of simplifying and transforming HKEX's data landscape. We aim to empower the staff and clients of HKEX with the use of data, and to improve efficiency and profitability of HKEX's business by making data-driven decisions. An exciting time lies ahead and we are now inviting an experienced Data Engineering Lead to lead our team. The position we offer:
As an Engineering Lead, you will develop, maintain, test and evaluate Data solutions within our cloud-based Data and Analytics Platform. You will also be involved in the design of Analytics solutions to solve priority business challenges. You should have extensive experience in software development with agile methodology, continuous integration and automated releases. Experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures (preferably on cloud) is a must. Job Responsibilities:
- Instruct and lead data engineers, site reliability engineers and technical solution vendors through the implementation process by providing design review, code review, test review and all other due diligence work;
- Provide product recommendation based on business and technical assessment, demonstrating solid knowledge in data and analytics space
- Build distributed and highly parallelized Data Acquisition and event processing pipeline which is able to process massive amounts of data (both structured and unstructured data) in near real-time
- Evaluate and deploy data quality framework to measure and improve data quality in the organization over time
- Engage with data stewards, producers and consumers to design appropriate data pipelines
- Automate processes where possible that are repeatable and reliable
- Work closely with Product Managers to deliver software in a continuous delivery environment.
We expect the ideal candidate to have extensive experience (6+ years) in data engineering and be a complex problem solver. You should be able to write production code in Scala or Python and have strong interests in the latest Data Technology.
- Data driven thinking
- Full stack developer / Data Scientist
- Familiar with Site Reliability Engineering Concept, solid hands on experience in Infrastructure and Configuration as Code
- Expert knowledge in Apache Kafka, solid experience in Spark/Flink for event streaming
- Experience in container technologies (OpenShift, Docker or k8s)
- Knowledge in automation tools (Terraform and Ansible)
- Delivery focus with strong product mind-set
- Knowledge in design and implementation of data infrastructure on AWS or GCP
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience in implementing data security capabilities such as encryption and anonymization
- Solid grounding in the Financial Services industry
- Solid knowledge in SQL
- Understanding in statistical models, machine learning, graph analysis
You will be joining a cross functional team in a highly international environment based in Hong Kong, London and Shenzhen.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.