Data Scientist - Machine-learning/Quantitative (Buy Side)
- HKD700000 - HKD1000000 per annum
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 29 May 18 2018-05-29
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
Our client is a well-established renowned buy-side firm with presence across Europe and Asia. As their team looks to grow, they are looking for a strong Data Scientist to join their quantitative research team and help use data to grow their quantitative trading strategies and and help make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
This role will require the candidates to have expert hands-on Python programming skills as well as excellent knowledge in machine-learning and statistics. Junior candidates with relevant data science/analytics/machine-learning/quantitative internship experience are welcome to apply.
- Use large data sets to create trading strategies, improve trading, quantitative research and data mining
- Collaborate with quants and traders to develop and improve trading strategies
- Monitor development of new and existing data sets
- Use machine-learning to improve existing models with new learning algorithms, alternative feature transformations, feature selection techniques, improved evaluation metrics, and increased model diversity
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Physics, Applied Mathematics Computer Science/Machine Learning, or other highly quantitative field (or related subject)
- Expert experience in hands on Python development (Numpy / Pandas / Scipy)
- Experience with C++ is ideal
- Experience with machine learning libraries (scikit-learn, keras, tensorflow, ...)
- Self-starter that is able to run projects independently
- Working knowledge of forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks or support vector machines
- Capable of managing large data sets and developing statistical models
- Good analytical and synthetic mind
- No financial experience required
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking an opportunity to contribute to the latest projects in a dynamic internationl environment that is able to offer a highly competitive package and excellent working environment.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Shyra Kamarudin on +852 3907 3975.