Desktop Support Engineer - Information Technology Hong Kong
Description of the Activity of the Team
1. Provide technical support of daily desktop support, network operation and problem resolution
2. Perform IT helpdesk support including call handling, troubleshooting, follow-up action, coordination, and escalation
3. Provide deskside or remote desktop services (incident & request)
4. Hardware & software troubleshooting such as; desktop/laptop windows OS platform, Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, mobile device support & etc.
5. Troubleshoot network connectivity issue, i.e. device configuration, IP addressing, and direct TCP/IP output, network printing Main responsibilities
1. Provide daily technical support and handle requests from end users based in Hong Kong office
2. Resolve cases received from tickets, Emails and walk ups
3. Create and update cases via ticketing system
4. Handling of desktops, laptops and Mobile phones
5. Maintain system documentation, hardware & software inventory
6. Provide other IT-related support as required
7. Participate in projects
8. Other ad hoc duties
9. Technical Documentation Profile Required • Degree of autonomy
Diploma holder or above of Computer Science/Information Systems or related disciplines • Specific context of the position (environment, special features, etc.)
1. Good attitude, customer service, communication, and documentation skill.
2. Knowledge on desktop, networking, and general PC applications, like Microsoft Office.
3. Willing to listen and learn, hardworking, team player.
4. Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
5. Shift based (Monday to Friday, 6:00am to 2:00pm / 7:30am to 4:30pm / 9:00am to 6:00pm / 10:30am to 7:30pm)
6. Occasion required working on HK Public Holidays. • Requirement (Qualification/ Years of Experience/ Skill / Knowledge)
1. Minimum 3+ years with hands-on experience in IT helpdesk or desktop support position.
2. Proficient in Basic Network troubleshooting, supporting Windows 10 and Office 365.
3. Knowledge in writing scripts or macros will be an advantage
4. Self-motivated, strong problem solving and analytical skills
5. Able to work with minimal supervision Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200005W8
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 27/02/2020