Director, Market Outreach Greater China
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Director, Market Outreach Greater China
The Role: Director, Market Outreach Greater China
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team/The Business: You will be part of the Market Outreach team within our Commercial organization at S&P Global Ratings.
The Impact: This position will have day to day responsibility for the engagement with and development of relationships with an identified portfolio of key stakeholders (including investors, sponsors, advisors and other key influencers) in Asia-Pacific across Corporate, Infrastructure, Financial Services, Sovereign and Structured Finance practices.
What's in it for you: You will have the opportunity to develop and maintain relationships across all practices, interact (in a compliant manner) with the relevant analytical practices to facilitate active engagement between the analytical team (including sector coordinators) and stakeholders, collaborate with country managers and work with the sales and product development team as appropriate to develop business opportunities. You will report directly to the Head of Market Outreach, APAC.
- Accountable for the development and execution on a regional interaction strategy for an identified portfolio of stakeholders
- Provides tangible actionable feedback to the commercial team around innovation, product development and engagement opportunities from market interactions and is fully integrated into the commercial function
- Represents the 'first line' of engagement with the market in relation to analytical, research and criteria matters and facilitates effective interaction between the market and the analytical etc. teams
- Interacts with and leverages, on an ongoing basis, the analytical, country and commercial teams to ensure the effectiveness of the role, delivery on goals and the co-ordination of activity such as meetings with stakeholders
- Contributes to the development, alongside the marketing and analytical teams, of a program of interaction targeted to achieve maximum impact with relevant stakeholders (one-to-one meetings, breakfasts, etc.)
- Acts upon market intelligence received as appropriate such as tracking commercial opportunity, feeding back criteria commentary or facilitating analytical education etc. and elevates strategic matters for consideration of senior management
- Contributes to the achievement of an annual and three year market outreach plan both individually and for the group
- Makes recommendations as to the ongoing development of the stakeholder portfolio for which they are responsible including additions/removals from the portfolio etc.
- Collaborates with other SPGI divisions to exploit franchise and commercial synergies across divisions
- Enhance the reputation of S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global through ensuring professional proactive engagement with the market which will beneficially impact our external stakeholders' view of the value we add to the global ratings market
What we're looking for:
- Has strong knowledge of the industry and regional market, latest developments/issues [as applicable]
- An understanding of S&P Global Ratings business and products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate with all (commercial and analytical, as appropriate) levels internally within an organization as well as externally at a senior level
- Can manage workload across multiple projects simultaneously and be able to work independently
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and ability to adapt to global environment
- Has working knowledge of relevant analytical criteria including ratings, green evaluations, ESG etc.
- Excellent English and Chinese language skills to facilitate more effective market interaction
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.