Enterprise Data - Solutions Engineer, Team Leader - Hong Kong
We're Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked harder and smarter to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of data sets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients can get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can't operate. What's the Role?
Solution Engineer Team leaders lead from the front with both their technical expertise to take on and provide senior engineering leadership for major projects, as well as the ability to manage a team of highly skilled engineers. You are not just a gifted programmer, but you will shape future great developers, manage strategic project goals, contribute to product strategy and help to drive technology internally and externally with our clients.
This is a leadership role working across a very wide range of highly technical areas such as big data, artificial intelligence, distributed architectures, system design, custom APIs, data processing and workflow implementation. The list goes on and the best part is what we do on-premises, we aim do in the Cloud through strategic partnerships with some of the world's top providers. You will be a nimble leader demonstrating how you have led programming teams to success, developed complex code and driven programmatic change with scale and speed. Behind every great engagement is the architecture we build with our clients and the knowledge we impart to drive the most fast paced aspect of their businesses. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Recruit, develop, lead, and coach engineering talent, providing guidance on programming best practices, technical client engagement and be the face of Service Delivery innovation
- Collaborate with peers and sales teams in order to drive strategic initiatives, such as client on-boarding, technology partnerships and highly technical projects
- Inspire, innovate, and implement critical technology architecture that fits unique and vital client needs
- Be proactive to help drive stronger departmental performance and implement those ideas from start to finish
- Provide programming support and development project leadership and structure to Enterprise Data clients
- Guide your team on building strong stakeholder relationships with engineering and product development teams to resolve issues or build out enhancements
- Act as an advocate for Diversity and Inclusion, truly understanding its importance to our business.
- Actively identify potential areas of improvement or gaps in internal tools and monitoring systems, proposing solutions
- Provide timely and informative feedback to the Enterprise Data Product teams
- Administer training to clients for coding to our API during the pre-sale, implementation and adoption phases of an engagement
- Support the developer community around Bloomberg's data delivery mechanisms
We'd love to see:
- 5-10 years development experience with software development .NET, Java, C++ and Python
- Experience programming in UNIX and/or Windows and writing readable code
- Strong client facing experience with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts across all skill levels
- Leadership experience, guiding and mentoring highly technical team members
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple technical streams and lead client engagements whilst collaborating across different teams
- Fluency in English. Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of skill levels both in verbal and written form
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Confidence to work with clients ranging from developers to CTOs
- Experience in working with global counterparts to ensure global consistency and universal best practice / governance
If this sounds like you:
- Business level English and Mandarin and/or advanced level of Cantonese.
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Data especially Real Time Market Data is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience of Big Data, Data Science and Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of market data distribution platforms and feed handlers is preferred
- Experience developing on public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and Azure
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/content-and-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.