Finance Manager (RBC)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Job Summary:
The incumbent will be supporting the AVP, Treasury and Investment in Finance to understand future HK RBC requirements for Finance and liaise with the other areas in Finance function (e.g, Financial Reporting team) and Actuarial function to implement the new rules. The Job:
- Understand and keep abreast with the following requirements:
- Pillar 3 HK RBC requirements issued by the IA - in depth
- Internal Economic Capital ("EC") requirements - in depth
- BSCR requirements - in general
- Other HK RBC requirements (Pillar 1 & 2) - in general
- Provide useful insight and guidance as to how the Finance team can meet these regulations
- Enhance, develop, or design new Finance processes and controls required to meet the new HK RBC requirements
- Assist in the implementation of solutions in Finance team
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as requested
- University graduate with a Bachelor degree
- Attained or working towards a professional qualification preferred (e.g. CFA and/or CPA and/or Actuarial)
- 5 years of related work experience is preferred
- Financial reporting background ideal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Well organised and systematic
- Insurance knowledge preferred
- Self-motivated and high degree of initiative
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.