Global Capital Markets, Equity-Linked Solution, Associate/ Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Feb 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Associate to work in the Equity-Linked Solutions team within Global Capital Markets (GCM) in Hong Kong.
GCM serves as the nexus between Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. GCM comprises traditional market coverage and underwriting groups, as well as a number of product groups focused on providing customized capital structure solutions for our clients. You would work with clients on complex, innovative financing and risk management solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Working in the Equity-Linked Solutions team, your primary responsibility would be to work with and support the team executing a range of equity-linked (with a primary focus on convertible bonds) products. You will also support the team in business development strategies for specific sectors, with a focus on equity-linked products.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Providing support on marketing and execution of various types of offerings such as convertible and exchangeable bonds and corporate equity derivatives
• Liaising with convertible bonds sales and trading to discuss structuring, terms and investor feedback for transactions
• Frequent interaction with our investment banking coverage and public convertible bonds teams
• Creating and interpreting financial models and pitch books preparation
• Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
• Advanced degree (e.g., MBA or other equivalent degree) a plus but not required
• 3 years+ of work experience in an equity-linked team or similar position
• Deep knowledge of financial concepts and ability to analyze businesses
• Excellent oral and written communication skills innovation – able to identify creative solutions in the face of complex problems
• Mandarin language skills would be advantageous
• Commitment to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive, motivated and goal oriented self-starter
• Prior experience in executing equity-linked transactions