IT Risk Consultant (Equities Trading)
- Up to AUD0.00 per annum
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
Our client is an investment bank which is looking for a risk officer. This role will provide the individual an opportunity to work within the landscape in Asia in the delivery of regulatory requirements, working closely with the Legal and Compliance and Business Technology Risk teams. The business focus will be on both the Legal and Compliance and Regulatory Change workstreams. This opportunity will provide the individual with a chance to work with senior members of the firm to drive projects and other top risk initiatives and collaborate on regulatory engagements across multiple markets in the Asia region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and deliver region specific Regulatory Change projects, from analysis of new/changed regulations and their impact on relevant policies, procedures and systems through to delivery of resultant changes.
- Build strong relationships with Senior Legal and Compliance, Technology and Business Technology Risk stakeholders across the region in order to drive continuous improvement on regulatory change projects.
- Support standardization in projects, risk management processes and procedures, and ensure adherence to company tools and applications.
- Perform an advisory role related to local market regulations, Firm Policy & Procedures, system dependencies and division best practices. Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably within an investment bank with sales and trading, finance, operations, technology or internal audit background.
- Strong Project Management, PMO and / or Technology Risk Management track record.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and change management either through technology project management or developer / quality assurance experience.
- Strong analytic and problem solving / process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate and tailored to the audience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation with excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Experience of working under pressure without impact on the quality of deliverables.
- Ability to take ownership for issues and drive resolution.
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environments within Asia.
- Understanding of Operational Risk and related regulations and the associated application to a technology division within Financial Services.
- Experience with large scale regulatory initiatives gained from having worked with the capital markets trading industry (derivatives and equities) at a global bank or consultancy.