Investor Development Director (16261)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Investor Development Director (16261)
Fitch Ratings is a global credit rating agency, dual-headquartered in New York and London and with 49 further offices worldwide. We are dedicated to providing independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data, which deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Our global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans the fixed-income universe. The context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Information Services is comprised of two businesses, Fitch Solutions, and BMI Research:
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, we distribute the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution we bring to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
BMI Research is a research firm that provides macroeconomic, industry and financial market analysis, covering 24 industries and over 200 global markets.
Fitch Ratings, Fitch Solutions and BMI Research are part of the Fitch Group, together with Fitch Learning. The Fitch Group is majority owned by Hearst
This role of the Investor Development team within Fitch is to promote the agency's research and ratings among key investors and sellside research desks with a view to driving demand for Fitch Ratings and, in conjunction with the separate sales team, demand for Fitch research and related products. You will be responsible for managing Fitch's relationships with a portfolio of leading Hong Kong, mainland China and Taiwan based investors active in global and regional fixed-income markets, across all major asset classes, Corporates, FI, Sovereigns.
The global team is tasked with raising the profile of Fitch research and ratings commentary to influential market constituents and encouraging a greater investor engagement with Fitch ratings, research, products and services. This increase in profile and engagement will be quantified by a broad range of metrics.
The role will be based within Hong Kong Investor Development department.
The ID team is part of Fitch's Business & Relationship Management (BRM) team.
Reporting to the Asia Pacific (APAC) head of investor development, you will be responsible for the coverage of key investors (fund managers and bank treasuries) and sell-side analysts for all products and will be tasked with the following:
- Overall leadership and coordination for your accounts, creating excellent relationships with key decision makers (credit portfolio management, risk management) within those organisations
- Promote Fitch's research and commentary
- Develop outreach strategy with APAC and Global heads of investor development, consistent with Fitch's overall strategy
- Create and oversee events to facilitate direct market access to Fitch analysts to deliver detailed sector credit views and answer investor queries (meetings, roundtables, seminars, calls)
- Identify and promote business opportunities for Fitch Solutions, Fitch Learning and BMI Research
- Ensure frequent communication with BRM colleagues and analytical staff globally
- Entrench the Fitch' brand and ratings in investor workflows, ensuring eventually that they are fully accepted across asset classes.
- Soliciting and aggregating investor support for Fitch's ratings and products
- Develop and maintain new and existing buy-side relationships through meetings, calls, road-shows and events, liaising closely with investor development, BRM and analytical colleagues in other jurisdictions to ensure a consistent and coordinated outreach approach;
- Identify and maintain relationships with key institutions & individuals of strategic importance to the Fitch Group
- Build global profiles for each key institution, ensuring they receive the full range of Fitch products/research/outreach to match their investment profile
- Become the expert on those organisations and their rating agency views and requirements.
- Be responsible for the setting up of investor interactions (one to ones, roundtables, focused groups, seminars, teleconferences) for all Fitch sector analysts for investors within your portfolio, liaising with other teams as appropriate (central marketing, events, multimedia, etc.)
- Ensure your portfolio of investors has access to valued research
- In particular, coordinate investor outreach for Fitch's FI and sovereigns franchises
- Communicate high level Fitch strategy and positioning statement
- Develop and execute outreach campaigns for Fitch Group's ratings, commentary, products & services to increase market engagement with Fitch. Generate revenue opportunities by ensuring investors fully accept and even seek Fitch's ratings. Ensure the investor outreach is in line with achieving BRM goals
- Contribute to the overall research and product strategy of Fitch by recommending topics for research, new data products and events based on investor feedback
- Develop strong partnerships across internal groups (sector/region)
- Fitch Solutions, Fitch Learning and BMI Research
- Co-ordinate investor activity with the broader BRM group to ensure objectives are aligned
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 8-10 years sellside or buyside experience in international fixed income capital markets is necessary to perform this role successfully
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long term relationships
- An understanding of fixed income investment strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with excellent communication, organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a global organisation
- Existing contacts and relationships with Asian institutional investors and Chinese market participants would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken/ written).
- Fluent business English, and Mandarin, both verbal and written, are essential. Fluent Cantonese would be beneficial.