Background: Our client is a leading financial services group that are leaders in their field. One of the world's most dynamic banking and financial services groups, that have embraced technology and leading markets products to maintain competitive advantage. With global offices and western owned, it is now seeking to expand its legal department with an additional headcount for a smart, well qualified and experienced lawyer (obtained from any well recognised common law jurisdiction) and relevant banking, financial services, or securities industries background in Asia.
Title: Lawyer (short notice period or immediately available)
Location: Hong Kong
Reporting to the General Counsel, APAC. The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of contracts relating to brokerage services.
- Negotiation of agreements, including technology, clearing, custody and other brokerage related agreements.
- Advising in relation to data protection, privacy and GDPR requirements
- Providing legal support in relation to the onboarding and implementation of major client projects
- Providing quality, commercially astute and timely legal advice in an efficient and pro-active manner
- 4+ years PQE in a common law jurisdiction, candidate with less PQE but have substantial contract negotiation experience pre-qualification will also be considered.
- University qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Familiarity with the regulatory process, rules and codes in one or more of Australia, Hong Kong, or Singapore.
- Proven experience and track record at a law firm, financial services regulatory agency, exchange or licensed financial services firm;
- Excellent time management skill with a demonstrated track record of managing challenging workloads
- Strong relationship building skill and can work autonomously and as part of a team
- Practical, problem solver who is able to articulate legal risks clearly and concisely with outstanding drafting and negotiation skills
- Comfort with computers and technology and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems.
- A “can do” attitude with a willingness to learn.
Work Benefits/ Work Environment:
- Western and friendly company culture.
- Competitive yearend bonus.
- Great annual leave package
- Great Career progression.
- Fully comprehensive medical insurance and personal insurance
- Great MPF Pension Scheme
Harbridge Partners Limited
Employment Agency Licence: 65522