Our Client is a Leading Insurance Organisation, currently looking for a Lead Support Engineer to support a number of regional systems within their finance and operations function. This is a technical role, supporting the pre-production and production environment. You will be supporting the systems and the internal Program teams as they move through the Development, Test and Production environments across a variety of initiatives (e.g. VM/VDI and Azure Data Factory) all hosted within Azure. You must be familiar with supporting mission-critical, regional systems, demonstrating a sound technical knowledge of enterprise Windows environments, including Azure, Active Directory, SQL Server and SSIS.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with the Regional Infrastructure solution team to deploy and support the application infrastructure for the programme
- Manage production issues and determine if the problem is hardware or software related
- Work closely with wider infrastructure teams as well as application owners
- Work to create an appropriate application queue for the various infrastructure applications through the deployment lifecycle.
- Support mission critical systems, covering all components including application process, in order to be able to communicate effectively to appropriate stakeholders and issues.
- Work closely on user administration and support across the programme.
- Lead the User onboarding automation process.
- Understand where potential issues may come during application deployment process, and proactively highlight for resolution
Requirements of the role:
- Degree educated in IT discipline
- At least 8+ years working experience, within infrastructure support, design & implementation.
- Good understanding of application process with a background in administration.
- Professional certifications in Windows (MCSE, MCP, MCSA, MCEA etc)
- Good experience within an enterprise azure environment
- Strong background and knowledge of Azure services, Windows, Linux, SQL and SSIS.
- SQL Azure DBA experience is beneficial.
- English communication is a must.
If interested, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Infrastructure Specialist” in the subject header.