Selby Jennings is a leading specialist recruitment firm for banking and financial services. For more than 15 years, we have given professionals peace of mind that the recruitment journey is in expert hands. Our continual investment in best-in-class technologies and consultant training enables us to match candidates and world-leading companies with speed, precision and accuracy. Today, Selby Jennings operates all over the world to help professionals reimagine their careers, globally.
Our client is a leading quant-driven technology and trading firm, providing liquidity for digital assets that has large exposure in APAC. They are looking to hire a head of legal and compliance who can help them to get BVI license and take over the external council's legal duties.
- Act as a spokesperson for all Legal and Compliance mandates in the firm
- Help the firm to attain BVI License
- Draft legal documents and provide professional commercial legal advice for the top management regarding compliance, risk control affairs, etc
- Provide legal advice and support to various business units within the Group
- Liaise with internal departments or external stakeholders when necessary
- Perform ad-hoc reports/projects as assigned by the top management
- Day-to-day compliance mandates including liaising with the regulators (mainly BVI) and compliance training
- Legal Qualification is a must (Jurisdiction does not matter)
- Good command of both english and mandarin
- BVI license experience is ideal; if not, Cayman or other jurisdiction may be relevant
- Strong business acumen and good interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, detail-oriented, self-motivated and well-organized
- Title can be adjusted according to seniority
- Independent contributor - has to be comfortable working independently