Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Our legal function comprises legal counsels and executives of high caliber, with their respective expertise. We work as a team, with a mission to provide legal services of the highest professional standards to:
- Facilitate the business by giving proactive, commercial and creative advice.
- Manage legal risk
- Protect the integrity and reputation of the Bank
We function as trusted legal advisers to our management and the business and other support functions that we serve. Should you join our function, you will be part of a global team, with the relevant know-how support and gain exposure to a variety of financial services and products.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Legal Counsel, HSVM.
Our legal function comprises legal counsels and executives of high caliber, with their respective expertise. We work as a team, with a mission to provide legal services of the highest professional standards to: Principle Responsibilities
Key tasks may involve the following:
• To be the accountable lawyer or aiding the accountable lawyer of the area on all material legal issues that the business faces
• Execute against relevant policies and procedures for the relevant area of coverage to ensure that Legal's role in the second line of defence can be executed
• Advising relevant Management on non-standard legal and reputational risks
• Evaluating and responding to changes in legal and regulatory requirements as they arise Requirements Requirements:
- Qualified Lawyer with relevant post qualification experience over 8-10 years
- Experienced and confident practitioner
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in own industry sector
- Ability to handle a diverse range of issues
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong inter-personal skills
- Chinese language skills essential
- Lateral thinking/problem solving
- Stamina and ability to work under pressure
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.