At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
Partnering with key stakeholders, the role holder will contribute to the planning, development and delivery of marketing channel initiatives for M&G’s business in Asia. This role will act as our marketing expert in the region and support all asset classes including fixed income, equities, multi-asset and real estate for all required audience segments. The role can be based either in Hong Kong or Singapore.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert
- Accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Developing and implementing a digital-first marketing strategy in Asia to align with the overall objectives of the business
- Plan, manage and oversee the delivery of integrated marketing programmes and campaigns, incorporating both offline and online media, across key client segments
- Leverage and implement global marketing programmes locally, tailored for target audiences
- Ensuring consistency of messaging and compliance with regulatory requirements on M&G Asia Pacific channels
- Managing relevant content platforms, including local social channels such as Line
- Lead email marketing initiatives including regular client and prospect communications as well as engaging new contacts
- Ensuring the consistency of materials within the overall brand guidelines
- Keep abreast of competitors, trends in the industry, regulatory changes etc.
- Ensure that all marketing activities comply with local regulatory requirements
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G’s operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Minimum 8 years of years’ of marketing experience in the Financial Services Industry; preferably in Asset Management. Knowledge of Taiwanese retail market would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing trends and skills would be a plus
- Strong investment knowledge across asset classes including both public and private markets
- Good understanding of the different client segments including GFIs, local distributors, pensions, insurers
- Excellent project management skills, specifically the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.