Operational Risk Controller, Conduct and Controls – 6 months contract
- Competitive Salary
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 22 Jan 19
Our client, a Tier 1, international corporate and investment bank, is looking for an immediately available individual to join the Corporate Banking ITO team for a 6 month contract.
Based in Hong Kong, the successful candidate will support the Operations Permanent Controls team in defining "second level / after the fact" operations controls. The candidate will be responsible for performing these controls and reporting the results to the management of the operations departments. This is a key function within the team to ensure current and emerging risks are proactively identified and managed.
- Develop and perform the Risk and Control Self-Assessment with Operations Managers and Management.
- Conduct control monitoring and testing based on business requirements and other risk factors, present the control results to management, propose and follow through the remediation actions.
- Report risk issues, control monitoring, and performance data to the direct managers and management.
- Follow up remediation of issues arising from control monitoring and testing.
- Perform regular review/project on specific areas based on identified risk.
- Identify emerging risk issues and associated controls through control testing activity.
- Contribute to monthly team meetings and various Permanent Control meetings to ensure proper escalation of operational risk issues.
- Ensure the Client’s standard methodology has been implemented and adhered to.
- Participate in adhoc risk control projects.
- University degree in an appropriate discipline.
- Preferably with minimum 1-2 years working experience in banking operations control and risk areas.
- Good knowledge in corporate banking operations, e.g. trade, commodities, payment, e-banking, is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Good communication, presentation skills and analytical reasoning capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production.
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click below to apply.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.