P&L Controller - 6 month contract
- Competitive Salary
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 22 Jan 19
Our award winning, corporate and investment banking client is looking for an experienced P&L Controller to join the GECA Operations team.
- Produce accurate daily analysis of P&Ls to Trading desks and bank's management.
- Responsible for current controls on key elements (positions, market data, adjustments, reserves) and liaise with internal departments in case of issues.
- Perform FO/MO reconciliations between Trading P&L estimations at T and Official MO P&L at T+ 1 and both explain and investigate P&L breaks to FO if any.
- Adjust the P&L if necessary to secure correct P&L reporting and document each adjustments (primo for dailies, XL for monthly).
- Monitor daily funding and fees.
- Interact daily with traders to explain the results of their P&Ls and seek their daily sign-off.
- Report, Comment and Validate the P&Ls into the Official Reporting tool.
- Monitor and reconcile monthly RCM and PCG reserves during EOM process.Active follow up on updating documentation.
- Organize a monthly meeting with trading to go through all P&L issues during the last month.
- Escalate issues to management on the fly and via Orus.
- Confirm PV to collateral management.
- Global projects related to MO or P&L processes improvements.
- Local projects related to systems migrations.
- The improvement of productivity within the team by proposing initiatives
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- University degree holder preferably in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- Strong Equity derivatives products knowledge including its models and valuations, preferably with at least 2 years of P&L reporting or product control related experiences
- Advance technical skills including proficiency in Excel (VBA) and other MS office applications
- Self-discipline and strong autonomy
- Analytical mindset and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate willingness to constantly suggest enhancements/improvements
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills to work with various clients and facilitate partnerships with them.
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.