Our client is a leading global service provider of administration services to the alternative assets industry. As part of their rapid expansion, they are currently looking to hire Private Equity Fund Accountants to join their expanding team.
- Provide day-to-day fund accounting and financial reporting services to a portfolio of clients
- Maintain proper books and records
- Prepare all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Preparation of management accounts and financial statements in compliance with GAAP (IFRS, US GAAP and SFRS);
- Perform bank reconciliations, process journal entries, and prepare supporting financial schedules
- Preparation of NAV calculations, capital call workings and distribution workings of the Funds; management fee calculations and supporting schedules
- Prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Update distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare the accounting files for review by Manager and auditors;
- Participate in the implementation of fund structure into the accounting system
- Supporting the audit process to ensure the completion of milestones and deadlines;
- Perform other duties to support the Manager and team as may be necessary from time-to-time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline or a professional qualification (ie. ACCA, CA, CIMA)
- 1 - 3 years experience in preparing full sets of accounting for the financial services sector
- Candidates with Private Equity Fund Administration experience or auditors in private equity funds experience preferred
- Strong knowledge in IFRS / US GAAP
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous, organised, analytical and problem solving
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint