Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Credit Risk Analytics Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Support Regional Head of Wholesale Credit Analytics & Regional Head of Global Risk Analytics in the development and validation of wholesale Credit models, the related analytics support in Asia Pacific
- Ensure global consistency in the development, implementation, and monitoring of wholesale credit methodology, policies and systems
- Provide both consultation and support on other risk analytics such as (but not limited to) Stress Testing, IFRS9 and Economic Capital across key customer groups to build shareholder value and profitability and to protect employees, assets and reputation of the HSBC Group
- Improve measurement of risk-related capital resources
- Close alignment between the Risk and Business or Support functions in execution of the role
- Alignment of the regional Analytics to the Global Analytics via a close and collaborative on-going relationship with Group Risk and the Global Head Global Risk Analytics
- Lead the analysis, development and coordination with Customer Groups, Product Groups, Group Risk and regulators on the review and re-development of Wholesale credit models
- Manage the development and monitoring of risk policies, processes and tools that facilitate risk based business management
- Management of research, review, formulation and revision of wholesale credit policies and guidelines from modelling perspective
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Degree holder or above in Finance, Mathematics, Risk Management, Statistics or a related field
- Have a good understanding of credit (PD/EAD/LGD) modelling, in particular within the wholesale environment
- Experienced in banking industry, including experience in Risk and in a business line (preferably corporate)
- Prefer to have hands on experience in stress testing and Basel modelling and validation
- Prefer to have experience in Basel and HKMA regulatory capital rules
- Able to work in a dynamic and multinational culture and cope with high pressure
- Proven writing and analytical skills
- Quantitatively capable
- Hands on experience in Python, SAS or any programming language
- Be a confident communicator with excellent soft people skills and management skills
- Ability to build effective relationships and liaise effectively with key business areas and management at all levels of the organisation
- Have a strong desire to embrace and drive change with strong influencing ability
- Any interest and/or experience in the latest industry development such as an understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques would be desirable
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Manager
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.