Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Legal Department
Our legal function comprises legal counsels and executives of high caliber, with their respective expertise. We work as a team, with a mission to provide legal services of the highest professional standards to:
- Facilitate the business by giving proactive, commercial and creative advice.
- Manage legal risk
- Protect the integrity and reputation of the Bank
We function as trusted legal advisers to our management and the business and other support functions that we serve. Should you join our function, you will be part of a global team, with the relevant know-how support and gain exposure to a variety of financial services and products.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Legal Counsel, Digital Legal Principal responsibilities You will be a trusted legal advisor and partner of WPB (Wealth and Private Banking) and WSB (Wholesale Banking) Digital Banking teams. You will support the Head of Digital Legal in managing legal risks related to digital banking and fintech adoption and development in Hang Seng. In particular, you will:
- Provide legal advice and guidance to business stakeholders to support Hang Seng's digital business strategy, with a focus on delivering better customer experience and outcome
- Advise on the development and implementation of banking products and services, campaigns and customer engagement initiatives across digital channels, social media and Web 3.0
- Review digital banking journeys, product terms and documentation
- draft, review and negotiate contracts with IT service providers and digital partners
- Provide legal advice on HKMA fintech initiatives such as CDI, e-HKD, open banking, etc.
- Provide legal support to Hang Seng's Fintecubator and internal start-ups
- Be a subject matter expert in the legal issues arising from the adoption and development of fintech and new technologies, such as digital assets and ecosystems, metaverse, CBDC, AI, etc.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to lawyers in the Legal Function in the areas of digital banking and fintech drive tone of voice initiative
- Qualified Lawyer with 5-10 years' relevant post qualification experience
- Experienced and confident practitioner
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in digital banking and fintech
- Business acumen; ability to handle complex issues and formulate practical, risk-based solutions
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong inter-personal skills
- Chinese language skills essential
- Strong drafting skills; understanding in tone of voice & customer-centric language
- Lateral thinking/problem solving skills
- Stamina and ability to work under pressure
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.