Senior Model Validation Manager
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, carry out qualitative and quantitative validation of models (including frameworks) related to market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, financial crime risk, etc., by assessing model logic, assumptions and technical approaches, evaluating model implementation and performance;
- Manage validation process including planning, executing project activities, monitoring milestones, controlling quality of deliverables, liaising with different internal or external parties, and defending fact-based validation results;
- Conduct research to experiment with different analytic ideas using varying technical approaches; track regulatory direction by frequently sorting through the latest regulatory documentation, and closely follow best industry practice;
- Prepare reports and communicate to senior management, internal and external auditors, the board, regulators and other related stakeholders;
- Establish and review policies and procedural guidelines regularly;
- The senior manager need perform as a team leader and an individual contribution as well.
- Minimum Master Degree or above with major in Management Science (or Operations Research), Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or equivalent analytic disciplines. An additional MBA is an advantage;
- At least a 8-year proven tracking record of effectively performing model-related activities such as development, implementation, application or validation of varying models in areas such as market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, etc. (having at least 2 years of credit risk models-related experience is preferred) in financial institutions, business sectors, consultancy or regulatory bodies. A manager role can be considered, if less experience is involved;
- Minimum 3 years of project management and people management experience demonstrating sufficient project management skills, communication skills and leadership skills for the senior role;
- Proficiency in technical tools such as SAS, R or VBA;
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements in areas such as IRB, IFRS9, IRRBB, FRTB, or BCBS239 will be preferred;
- Sophisticated analytic capability and business thinking;
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-minded and with passion for analytic excellence;
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills is a mandate;
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese.