Strategic Business Change Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Strategic Business Change Manager
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Project Manager .
- Shape and execute against Commercial Banking's global strategic change agenda
- Collaborate with the Business on the need and nature of change to leverage the opportunities and manage the challenges in the industry
- Drive the business to come to well reasoned decisions in matters of strategic, organisational, operational and technological investment.
- Work with the Global Functions and external vendors to create, shape, deliver and embed sustainable change successfully such as landing strategy within the business through unified execution capability
- Act as a change agent who leads the scoping and delivery of global strategic change projects with the business
- Act as a trusted advisor to Commercial Banking senior management with whom they are partnered by identifying opportunities, constructively challenging conventional thinking, ensuring the Voice of the Customer is embedded in projects and then working to shape, prioritise and drive the execution of their change needs with a focus on delivering the desired customer, colleague, operational and financial outcomes
- Conversant with all facets of the change process including cocreating business cases and justification for initiatives, initiation of programmes, designing an approach and plan, defining the business architecture, project management, business analysis, readiness and implementation needs as well as ensuring project outcomes and benefits materialize
- Well informed about emerging technology and innovation to be applied to solve challenges and improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank's proposition and customer and colleague experience
- Accountable for the timely and high quality delivery of programmes, adhering to HSBC core frameworks
- Manage programme costs, headcount, risks and issues, and will work to ensure benefits and values are realised
- Master's degree in related field or commensurate practical experience
- Industry recognized technical certifications, such as PMP, CBAP, Master Black Belt, certified Six Sigma or TOGAF is optional
- Industry recognized Commercial Banking and Risk domain certification such as APTFFE or FRM
- Strong knowledge in Trade Finance, Import and Export, and understands business problems in this market
- Understanding of Innovation within the industry and experience working with Fintech companies
- Strong knowledge of the external environment such as regulatory, political, competitors et cetera
- A broad, enterprise wide view of the Commercial Banking business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Strong financial and commercial acumen and the ability to understand and contribute to business cases
- Proven experience of successfully shaping and executing against a global business strategic change agenda in Trade Finance
- Experience of management and control of multiple complex global programmes or business transformation which have ambitious goals and high change requirements
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Management across the group
- Proven ability in working across multi disciplinary and multicultural diverse work environments
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigor
- Successful experience in developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective team
- Experience of developing and understanding Target Business and Operating Models and transformation business case
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex business change initiatives
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.