Team Head, Retail Model Development
Risk Management Group (RMG) is responsible for the development and maintenance of risk management and internal control frameworks. We provide independent review and challenge to business to ensure that appropriate balance is considered in risk/return decisions. In addition, RMG is responsible for the monitoring and reporting on key risk issues of the Bank. To manage risk effectively and deliver strong financial performance, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
Maintaining high standards of work and technical excellence, including the research and analysis of latest practices, interpretation of regulatory guidelines, and interpretation of credit risk model policies and practices. Lead and participate in credit risk model development for retail portfolios (including PD, LGD, EAD, application, behavior, collection models and other credit risk models), ensuring model efficacy and compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements. Partner with Model Validation team to ensure timely and accurate validation of all models, and to ensure action plans for validation issues are addressed on a timely and accurate basis for all models. Proactively engage various model stakeholders, such as credit and business, and senior management for model acceptance, approval and maintenance Lead, mentor and manage junior staff members to enhance risk analytical capability. Work closely with other teams within GPA on the development of digital / business models for retail portfolios. Develop strong partnership with key stakeholders including CBG & RMG Credit to identify new model development needs and to ensure the ongoing applicability of retail models. Actively participate and oversee the development projects from an end-to-end perspective including facilitating the model approval process, work with Model Monitoring and Support team to ensure successful model. implementation as well as reviewing and commenting on the quarterly performance monitoring report. Provide methodological "thought leadership. Ensure execution excellence by having a keen eye on details and by closely monitoring the project progress. Contribute to the proper adherence, improvement and review of model development and monitoring standards/policies. Proactively engage the model stakeholders and lead model PSC committees and/or working groups meetings in an effective manner for the purpose of model development and in-use. Requirements:
- University graduate or above in Statistics, Finance, and Economics is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in managing analytics in the development / monitoring / implementation of risk models including scorecards and/or Basel 2 models retail and non-retail portfolios. Strong experience in risk models for corporate and private banking portfolio will be an added advantage.
- Good experience of end to end use of models from risk management through to capital calculation. Experience in credit risk management with solid exposure in machine learning modeling and languages, e.g. SAS / python / R.
- Strong leadership and management skills to effectively motivate, coach and guide staff to achieve specified performance target.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.