Template Manager, Fixed Income Derivative - Information Technology Hong Kong
Design and development of payoff data models of new exotic products according to the features provided by the Front Office in SG information systems
You also participate in the projects and transversal tasks of the service:
- Where applicable, specification of development tools and features with IT and R & D teams
- Integration of templates in upstream applications (client interfaces, pricing and trading platform etc.) according to the characteristics provided by Sales and Engineers
- Integration of templates in downstream applications (accounting, regulatory, valuation, etc.)
- Conducting tests on new product templates to ensure a fair valuation, correct product lifecycle management and proper integration into downstream applications (BackOffice, accounting, valuation, risk, regulatory)
- Collection of the validations of the Front-Office and the Support functions, then follow-up of the deployment of the new product
- In case of modification of a product, perform impact analysis of the modifications on the valuation and the risk analysis, implementation modifications, test management and deployment of changes after validation of the Front Office
- Expertise and support to the Front Office and all support functions (Middle Office, Back Office, Risk, Finance, IT) on the issues related to complex products modelling and valuation
- Ensures the monitoring and the reporting of the products and their modifications
- Follow-up of transversal issues to the whole service (systems, PnL, accounting)
- Participation in projects for the security and reliability of the control system
- Participation in automation projects and convergence processes of the team
- Participation in impact analyzes as part of the development of new activities
- Participation in the production of risk indicators (KRI) or performance indicators (KPI) of the team's activity
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Understanding of trader's job and hedging decision making
- Strong and sharp analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of financial mathematics
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e.
- Knowledge of front to back processes (upstream and downstream)
- Exceptional team-player mindset and excellent communication skills
- English language skills proficiency is a must
Other behavioral skills:
- Collective mindset
- Simplification mindset
- Interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
Business Insight Company Description
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Analytical skills
- Interacting with various people
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Within the Trade Support Unit of the Operations Department, the Product Setup is in-charge of the creation and implementation of exotic financial products in the information system.
In this context, and in close relationships with the Front Office and all Support functions (Middle-Office, Back Office, Risk Management, Financial Management, Market Activity Indicators Directorate, Management Information Systems etc.), your role as a Template Manager upholds the standards for an exceptional internal client experience. Your passion, courage and determination are important to achieve success.
We believe that human capital is our important assets and is the direct linked to our success, that is why we respect and appreciate everyone's commitment, innovations and contributions to Societe Generale.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200008E6
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/07/2020
Date of publication: 09/04/2020