VP - Head of Monitoring & Testing (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
Lead role in Hong Kong overseeing the Monitoring & Testing team with APAC coverage on reviews. Previous team management experience required.
This is a dedicated function within Compliance designed to proactively assess and report on areas of potential regulatory and reputational risks through risk based desk and thematic reviews over the businesses of the Firm.
To this end, Monitoring & Testing will primarily be responsible for evaluating conformance by the business in the region with the Firms policies and procedures, in accordance with relevant regulatory expectations.
Key Accountabilities -
- Validate compliance against established policies and procedures and applicable regulations;
- Develop recommendations for corrective action based on review findings;
- Work with advisory compliance colleagues and management to agree on appropriate action plans;
- Present and report review results to Business and Compliance Management ;
- Follow-up on action plans to verify that corrective action has been effectively implemented;
- Satisfy standards for delivering high quality value added monitoring & testing reviews;
- Provide guidance on compliance and supervisory findings related to review area;
- Anticipate and provide solutions to complex issues;
- Have a broad knowledge of the Firms business and regulatory framework in which it operates;
- Liaise with product advisory compliance colleagues and management to keep abreast of current business developments and regulatory issues that may impact the risk environment of the Firm;
- Provide oversight on the monitoring & testing reviews led by the M&T team based in HK and manage the HK team.
Person Specification -
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of Investment Banking business, including Markets or Banking products, preferably with a global investment bank
- Understanding of the regulatory framework and expectations driving the Compliance risks faced by the business
- Strong data analytics or testing experience will be an advantage
- Managerial experience preferred
- The candidate must be energetic, detail-oriented, organised, articulate, willing to take responsibility, and comfortable speaking and responding to concerns and questions regarding review work
- Adaptable and embrace change as the team evolves to stay relevant to business changes and needs
- Self motivated, proactive and able to manage multiple priorities
- Track record of execution and delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to represent and enforce compliance while considering the needs of the business