VP, Hong Kong Compliance, Licensing
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 22 Aug 18 2018-08-22
VP, Hong Kong Compliance, Licensing
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Our Compliance Function
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and present all business partners with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practice and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
Hong Kong Compliance
The Hong Kong Compliance ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture in Hong Kong by developing and maintaining program infrastructure that identifies measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.
The Licensing Team within the Hong Kong Compliance handles and provides regulatory advice on licensing and registration matters, monitors compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements and manages relationships with regulators in Hong Kong.
We are currently looking for a senior member with relevant experience to assist the Head of Hong Kong Licensing to manage compliance risks on licensing and registration.
- Provide hands-on supervision and perform checker review on day-to-day licensing and registration work
- Engage in discussion with business stakeholders to manage senior management applications and appointments including EOs/ROs, SFC MICs and HKMA Managers
- Provide sound regulatory advice and compliance support to business on licensing needs and impact analysis for any ad hoc requests, inquiries and new business initiatives
- Provide sound regulatory advice and drive consistency of the practices on across border activities, partner with business, legal, other compliance and control teams to strengthen cross border controls and memorandum
- Maintain and manage relationship with the regulators, HKMA and SFC
- Handle regulatory requests, inquiries, self-reporting incidents and investigations concerning licensing matters or licensed individuals.
- Proactively engage relevant business stakeholders, line of business compliance, legal and HR where deems appropriate.
- Handle and manage requests and inquiries from internal audit reviews, compliance testing reviews and RCSA testing.
- Develop and maintain compliance procedures and bulletins
- Ongoing monitor the compliance with local regulatory requirements
- Handle requests on compliance initiatives from regional core compliance teams
- Promptly escalate potential licensing issues to the Head of Hong Kong Licensing
- Drive the user requirements discussion with IT teams, develop user acceptance testing cases and participate in UAT and implementation of licensing tactical and/or strategic tools.
All businesses, various compliance teams, legal and other corporate and control functions within the JPMC Group.
The Hong Kong regulators - HKMA and SFC
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Native written and spoken Cantonese
- Degree qualified with minimum 8 years of relevant experience gained within banking, financial, legal, compliance, regulatory or audit environment.
- Previous experience with HK licensing and/or business advisory an advantage
- Sound knowledge of Hong Kong licensing rules and regulations, financial products, and awareness of financial regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- A team-player, self-motivated fast learner
- Control-focused, detail oriented, organized and efficient
- Ability to determine priorities, multi-task, work under pressure and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work processes and environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access database an advantage