Our clients, financial institutions, are currently looking for high caliber candidates to join their expanding team.
Vice President, Legal (Litigation)- Financial Institutions
- Report to Legal and regularly collaborate with other key internal stakeholders, such as Compliance, Risk, Credit, Operations departments and sales departments;
- Assist in provision of legal and regulatory advice and support to Business and Compliance in contentious and regulatory matters, prepare submissions and correspondences to regulators and counterparties;
- Assist in advising management in relation to legal issues and practices, in particular, effective management and mitigation of litigation/ claims/ enforcement risks;
- Handle contentious and regulatory matters, co-ordinate with external counsel in respect of same, ensure high quality of service and good control of costs;
- Ensure effective management reporting for the legal function;
- Assist in communication with Head Office relating to contentious and regulatory legal work.
- Handle ad hoc internal projects and take up other works and responsibilities as assigned (e.g. training, procedures / precedent / checklist development etc.).
- Hong Kong qualified lawyer
- Minimum 7 years’ post-qualification experience
- Litigation and dispute resolution related experience necessary
- Regulatory investigation related experience necessary
- Strong command of both written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin preferred