Senior Technical Project Manager
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients€™ businesses€ and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is comprised of five primary areas:
- Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm'€™s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
- End User Technology (EUT) delivers core communication, collaboration and productivity tools across the Firm, including desktop and mobile devices, remote computing solutions, and multimedia services.
- Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services. QAPM also manages the Enterprise Command Center, Enterprise Systems Management, and Technology Disaster Recovery services.
- Technology & Information Risk (TIR) delivers first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology. TIR oversees programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations.
- Technology Business Development (TechBD) manages the Firm'€™s strategic relationships with external technology companies.
We are seeking a qualified senior technical project manager who has experience managing medium to large scale infrastructure technology projects involving storage, backup, recovery management, databases and related data services. This PM will work with a team of technologists globally located to effectively deliver projects, establish processes, and institute both tactical and strategic changes. This will require varying degrees of involvement from driving day-to-day progress to overall program status reports.
This candidate will work closely with many different areas of the organization including Senior Management, Technical Engineering, Risk Officers and operational support functions. This role requires the PM establishing themselves with key stakeholders as a reliable source of truth which will necessitate having an understanding of the subject matter from both a broad and detailed point of view. It will require excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to multi-task and be able to self-prioritize.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience managing complex/large IT projects
- Performs as a project stakeholder, and partners with engineering and operations teams across technology disciplines for success
- Excellent project scheduling and estimation skills
- Manages the project plan, and tracks risks, issues, dependencies
- Ensures plan is executing as needed, and escalates technical and procedural issues in a timely manner
- Exercises pragmatism in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Delivers management project status reports and presentations
- Facilitates budgeting/cost analysis/funding requests
- Facilitates cross-disciplinary coordination
- Facilitates the defining / revising of operational processes
- Must be detail-oriented, very organized and value the integrity of the data
- Maintains precise, accurate and timely meeting documentation, and is adept at actively tracking/managing follow ups
- Proficiency in standard project management tools (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including effectively articulating the message in a clear and concise fashion which is audience appropriate
- Customer service-oriented
- Knowledge of French and English are required
- Infrastructure integration and adoption management with understanding of recovery planning, testing and documentation requirements
- Windows and Linux infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of storage and backup technology, service models and products
- IT Security, Cyber Security, Security Operations, Security Engineering
- Knowledge of PMI approach and application in industry
- In depth understanding of SDLC principles
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.