Software Engineering - Java
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/ . Description
JPMC is looking at expanding our digital capabilities and we are investing in growth opportunities for various businesses. We are looking for commercially minded, customer obsessed, hands on engineers, who want to be a part of building something from the ground up with us. A core responsibility is to produce secure, scalable technical solutions to support our bleeding edge products.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious and honest, passionate, hungry individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. This initiative will be HQ'ed in London. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The success of this business relies on the platform that will be built - we will be using a stack that is cloud native relying on cutting edge technology and seek full stack minded engineers. Role summary:
We are looking for commercially minded, customer obsessed developers, used to working in an Agile environment who want to be a part of building something from the ground up with us. Required Skills/Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
- 6+ years' experience working as a hands-on (actively coding) Application Development Lead or related role.
- Experience with AWS, Microservices
- Java - Expert-level implementation skills with Java 8 and above.
- Frequent usage of Spring, Reactive programming, Threads and Annotation Processors is a benefit.
- Experience designing and creating micro services in a highly distributed environment
- Experience with using public cloud products, such as EC2, etc.
- Strong security understanding with CSRF, XSS and CORS for browser / native clients.
- Experience with streaming API's a benefit and supporting large scale API versioning with backward compatibility.
- Usage of analytical tools like Splunk and Dynatrace a benefit.
- Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring Security, Spring data Cassandra Spring Apache Kafka
- Preference for advanced experience with Apache Kafka
- Application Servers - Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms.
- Experience with containers and deployment (Dockers / Kubernetes as an example)
- Experience working with open source frameworks
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran, is added to them.