Team Lead - Application Development
Education and Experience -
The Technology skills expected to perform in this role are listed as follows -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Preferable : 8+ years of strong technical industry experience with below mentioned technology skills
Related skills and expectations -
- Strong Java / J2EE programming and debugging skills; candidate would be required to debug application functionality in the process of resolving problems or tactical fixes to code. Sound database skills in Oracle; should be able to write complex sql queries or debug them effectively, preparing tactical fixes to address urgent business requests or problems.
- Working knowledge in Unix / Linux, shell or PERL scripting and able to run ad-hoc commands and developing scripts to automate batch processing.
- Working knowledge of integrating with SOAP/REST API back-end services or API manager like WSO2. Working knowledge of developing and deploying code in a CI/CD (BitBucket/Jenkins) landscape.
- General concepts of Security, Authentication, Networking, Load Balancers, CDN, etc as required for troubleshooting incidents.
- Good understanding of middleware/container technologies like WebLogic, jBoss related technology
- Experience in AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) or similar CMS (Content Management System) technologies is a plus.
- Experience or certification in any cloud (AWS or Azure) landscape is a plus
- Experience with monitoring solutions like Dynatrace or similar industry tool is a plus
- Sound concepts and understanding of Life Cycle - Change Management, Problem management, Incident management. Preferable to have experience in ServiceNow.
- Coordinating with Infrastructure support teams, resolving production issues affecting our critical applications caused by outages on network, servers and other Infrastructure components like Autosys batch processing.
- Willingness to be able to attend to weekend support on a rostering basis; sense of ownership to be able to attend to P1/Critical outages 24*7.
- Able to Manage Execution...should possess very good communication skills both verbal and written; ability to call for meetings and drive projects and conference calls to resolve issues. Should be effective in managing business expectations as First line of Defense.
- Should be contributing to the Digital technology Future state by thinking, participation in projects, owning technology areas, demonstrating leadership and long term thinking.
- Constantly work to enhance the automated monitoring using Dynatrace and other tools for engineer a secured and resilient eco system for applications and websites.
- Should comply with corporate standards and procedures; stay compliant with all mandatory trainings on time
- Part of a global team spread in multiple locations providing coverage across time zones and regions.