Assistant Manager - Integration Development (Big Data)
Global Markets business has embarked on a technology transformation project to replace legacy applications with an extensible vendor product. This role is responsible for leading the Engineering team that would implement and integrate the vendor product into complex landscape of the Bank.
The role will be based out of Hyderabad.
- Be part of the global team in development team for integration of vendor platforms
- Responsible for development work primarily related to integrating packages from vendor platforms on to SS environment
- Ability to design/develop with minimum requirements by effectively coordinating activities between business analysts, developers and managers.
- Uses advanced technical expertise in analyzing, designing, estimating, and developing software applications to project schedule
- Independently undertakes critical development assignments across project areas
- Participate is testing process - Involve in test case automation and test case execution.
About State Street Global Markets:
- Individual contributor with 6 to 8 years of related software development experience.
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent field from top schools.
- Outstanding coding, debugging and analytical skills: Core problem solving skills, ability to analyze available data and potential solutions, eliminate possible solutions and select an optimal solution.
- Experience working in Data Integration projects.
- Hands on experience with Bigdata/ Hadoop - Spark, Map Reduce, Hive, HBase, Oozie, etc.
- Experience in developing Spark jobs and Spark Streaming jobs.
- Experience in installing, configuring, debugging and troubleshooting Hadoop clusters.
- Strong knowledge of: Spring, Multithreading, memory management, Spring batch, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, SQL.
- OOP design patterns in Java and data modelling.
- Hands-on experience in CICD
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Experience in Scala is a plus
- Operating Systems and Networking fundamentals: hands on knowledge of Unix. Processes, file systems and resource management. Fundamentals of HTTPS/s, TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, DNS, HTTP, etc.
- Technology frameworks like Java Spring, integration frameworks like Kafka/MQ/JMS.
- Hands-on Technology Experience (Desirable): Should have good understanding of DevOps, Cloud computing and the emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working in a geographically spread out team
- Results-oriented: Tenacious, gets things done
- Self-starter & able to work with minimal guidance
At State Street, we partner with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing. Through continual evolution it has become one of the world's leading custodial banks.
State Street is a global financial institution with 36,000+ employees, having Offices in 29 countries serving more than 100 markets. We provide liquidity across 34 international markets, with approximately $3.64 trillion in lendable assets.
State Street Global Markets is the investment research and trading arm of State Street, provides specialized research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies to owners and managers of institutional assets.