Enterprise Big data and analytics - Lead Platform Engineer
• Provides thought leadership with respect to R&D of the latest and greatest Big data and machine learning toolsets available in the market, perform comparative analysis and provides recommendations to choose the best tool as per the current and future needs of the enterprise.
• Act as a strong proponent for promoting open source technology culture within the organization. Provides thought leadership with respect to the R&D of the open source toolset and technologies.
• Liaison as an intermediary between Data scientists/Data lake engineers and platform administrators to understand the requirements, provide technical guidance/mentorship and consultation towards resolution of their queries.
• Administration responsibilities of the advanced analytics and machine learning tools - Data Robot, Dataiku Responsibilities
- Provides thought leadership with respect to R&D of the latest and greatest Big data and machine learning toolsets available in the market, perform comparative analysis and provides recommendations to choose the best tool as per the current and future needs of the enterprise.
- Act as a strong proponent for promoting open source technology culture within the organization. Provides thought leadership with respect to the R&D of the open source toolset and technologies.
- Liaison as an intermediary between Data scientists/Data lake engineers and platform administrators to understand the requirements, provide technical guidance/mentorship and consultation towards resolution of their queries.
- Administration responsibilities of the advanced analytics and machine learning tools - Data Robot, Dataiku.
- Administration responsibilities of the data virtualization tools - Denodo . Perform activities such as creation/maintenance of virtual databases, data sources, deployment of views, export/import of metadata, configuration of Denodo servers etc.
- Perform tool admin responsibilities which include tool upgrades, installation of tool specific hot fixes/service packs, create and review metrics related to tool usage, model deployment and capacity trending of the infrastructure resources to depict the future needs.
- Provide thought leadership in development of simple and advanced analytics best practices, processes, technology & solution patterns and automation (including CI/CD) in the areas of data discovery, preparation, model training, model scoring, risk, audits, machine learning flows.
- Leading the technical discussions across infrastructure teams on tool and infra performance parameters such as CPU, disk IO, memory usage, disk space etc. in order to provide an optimal performance experience to the end users.
- Able to lead the tool administration initiatives by effectively communicating with the leadership and stakeholders across the organization.
- Setting up processes to proactively monitor and tune data science platform and tools using best practices to ensure optimal performance.
- Encourage a culture of innovation and research within the team by providing strong thought leadership and promoting out-of-box thinking.
- Diligently teaming with the cloud engineering, delivery, infrastructure (storage and compute), network, security teams to deliver an optimal tool experience to the end users.
- Working closely with various stakeholders in US team with a collaborative approach.
- Day-to-day people administration responsibilities of a team size of 4-5 members.
About Our Company
- 8+ years of strong advance analytics and data virtualization tool administration experience with 3+ years of working in capacity of a technical leader . Holding Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Platform administration experience in a technical leadership role - managing the health and the capacity of production reporting and analytics environment, tool upgrades, installation of tool specific hot fixes/service packs, generating and reviewing metrics related to tool usage, establishing audit traces, build/implement and monitors utilities for the environment. Should have proactively driven the responsibilities along with the communication to leadership and stakeholders.
- Experience in administration of simple analytics tools such as PowerBI,QlikView, QuickSight.
- Mandatory - Experience in programming languages used in Data Science such as Python/PySpark.
- Preferred - Experience in creating and deploying models .
- Experience in Unix/Linux /AWS CLI scripting.
- Sound administration knowledge of advanced analytics toolset - Data Robot, Dataiku(preferred) OR other predictive analytics tools - SAS predictive analytics,rapidminer,BigML,TensorFlow etc.
- Sound administration knowledge of Data virtualization tools - Denodo(preferred) OR other tools such as IBM SmartCloud Data Virtualization,Informatica Data Virtualization etc.
- Preferred- Well versed with AI and machine learning concepts - Supervised/Unsupervised learnings, Decision trees, and deep learning.
- Have previous experience of working with high end users such as Data Scientists and Predictive modelers.
- Worked or have sound knowledge of AWS cloud concepts and worked with services falling in different criterion such as Storage, Compute, Network and Security.
- Sound fundamentals of database concepts and experience with relational or non-relational database types such as SQL, Key-Value, Graphs etc.
- Should have led a team of 5+ members in a people leadership role and was responsible for doing regular performance appraisals.
- Experienced in driving initiatives working closely with the leadership and stakeholders.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to quickly perform critical analysis and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Strong academic background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills , and strong relationship building skills.
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.