Sr. Developer - ServiceNow
The developer will own the development tasks of the solution based on integration of ServiceNow platform. The Developer must align with the Architects/Technical
Design Team on the project responsible for corresponding technical designs to ensure design is supported by the underlying coding standards and practices. The deliverables are expected to meet high quality standards.
A successful candidate will be proficient in communication with various devices to collect configuration information. Must be able to work both independently and as a productive member of a project team. The position requires the candidate to work closely with key stakeholders and senior technology leaders. Responsibilities
• Participate in Agile development methodologies
• Support & maintain applications by proactively resolving issues and enhance application stability
• Assist with product roadmap & business capabilities that align with the application
• Continuously monitor application performance and vendor recommended patches & upgrades
• Collaborate with fellow team members to improve the quality and scalability of supported systems and provide recommendations
• Partner with the business on exploring new opportunities to add value through the use of technology
• Experience on ITIL Process consulting and/or implementation
• ServiceNow Implementation Specialist & Admin certification
• Define and implement differentiators for ServiceNow development and support projects
• Experience on following ServiceNow modules - Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Level Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Asset Management and CMS
• Experience on Mobility, Discovery and Orchestration
• Experience on Java scripting
• Experience in creating and modifying workflows
• Experience in design, development and deployment in ServiceNow
• Experience in documentation and review activities
• Experience in complex data migration
• Experience in conducting trainings on ServiceNow
• Excellent experience on complex ServiceNow integrations
• Experience in creating custom applications
• Exposure to Project Portfolio Management, SDLC, Financial Management, Demand Management, and Service Watch is preferable
• Good understanding on ServiceNow dedicated and shared instances usage and feasibility
• Excellent experience in creating customer reports and dashboards
• Experience in conducting and document due-diligence for customer tools, process and projects
• Experience on configuration management - process definition, modeling and process refinement
• CMDB and Discovery troubleshooting
• Experience on ServiceNow foundation data management and data modelling
• Experience on LDAP integration
• Ability to create integration architecture
• Ability to create templates for foundation data, CMDB etc.
• Experience in Java and related web technologies is preferred
• Creation of script-based assignment and approval rules.
• Creation of Business Rule, UI Action by using Glide script.
• Creation of Glide Record object
• Creation of custom related list.
• Creation of Access Control List with the help of Scripting.
• Creation of Script based UI Policy and Client Script.
• Glide Ajax, Glide Form (g_form), Glide User (g_user), Glide Record, Glide System, Glide Element, Glide Aggregate
• Querying the table by using Glide Record
• Referencing Glide List
• Debugging script
• Creating and customizing UI and pages using Jelly
• Working with complex Log Files.
• Render forms, lists, UI Pages, and many other things in Service-now.com with the help of Jelly
• Designing of Macros and Formatters.
• User Administration
• Web Service Integration
• User Interface Level Integration
• MID Server Integration
• Integration with tools, applications and systems
• Mobility and related integration
• AngularJS, Node.js and Bootstrap
• Use of Import Sets for data loading from external file or database to the service-now.com Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with 6+ years of experience as an application engineer
• 4+ years of ServiceNow development, configuration and administration experience in an enterprise environment
• Hands-on design, development and deployment experience with the ServiceNow platform.
• ServiceNow implementation experience in ITSM modules (Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB & Asset).
• Experience in CMDB, Discovery and integration with other external modules.
• Hands on in Glide and Jelly Scripting, Java Script, HTML, XML, AJAX.
• Done Integrations with 3rd party tools using (web services, SOAP, email, MID, etc...).
• SNOW administration experience.
• Hands-on experience working with relational databases.
• Hands-on experience with web UI development technologies that include HTML, CSS, and AJAX.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following: HTML/CSS, AJAX, Jelly, JSON, AngularJS. Preferred Qualifications
Certifications Preferred: ITIL Foundations, ServiceNow Administration and development experience with focus on one or more Process areas like ITSM, Service Catalog, HR and GRC.
Ability to take a 'from first principles' approach with less familiar technologies.
Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and gain subject matter expertise. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.