Contract position (6 months rolling) Hybrid working style (3 days on site per week) Day rate: Negotiable (c. 350€)
Data Engineer – DataLake/Databricks
The investment funds division of our client are looking to hire a DataLake/DataBricks developer to join our team and help them to develop and support this new technology venture. A professional with vivid imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions.
As a datalake/databricks developer, you will be responsible for planning, designing, and developing these applications for the various consumers within IFS, while liaising with our client’s central team that control the infrastructure.
- Support the existing solution implemented by our client’s central Cloud team
- Work with the central team and infrastructure in place
- Work with Investment business to understand new requirements
- Propose solutions, work with the business analysts to create the necessary user stories
- Lead development within the team for the solutions
- Manage development lifecycle of the stories to production
- 2-4 years of experience in IT Development roles or within a similar function
- Proficiency in Python (Dataframes, Spark, Koalas, Pandas, Flask/Django)
- Expertise in SQL Server, Oracle Database or PL/SQL
- Cloud experience on any cloud provider such as Azure, AWS, Google (Azure preferred).
- Professional experience with REST API development and standards
- Strong hold on Azure services such as Datafactory, Databricks, Datalake, App Service
- Experience in designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions and architecture
- In depth knowledge of DevOps practices and automated Cloud practices Create documentation for projects including design, asset inventory, diagrams, and presentations as well as documentation of the environment and deployment for our support and future implementations teams.
- Communicate proposed designs and progress on the work to customers, team leads, and team members.
- Support cross-functional project teams consisting of app development, IT operations, and information security.
- Experience working in Continuous integration, Continuous Delivery mode
- Good exposure to Agile development principles & methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Familiar with architecture, design patterns and best practices from the industry
- Client focus and delivery oriented reflecting high reliability to business and IT stakeholders
- Experience developing in Power BI (dashboards, visualisations, interfaces) a strong benefit