- Cork, Munster, Ireland Cork Munster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Ardmore Shipping
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Ardmore Shipping Corporation is an international shipping company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (“ASC”). We own and operate a fleet of mid-size product and chemical tankers, with offices in Ireland, Singapore and Houston. We are looking for a sharp and driven individual to take the plunge and join our small, high-performance team of finance specialists who work closely with our Senior Management Team in evaluating and executing our strategy.
INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING?
They say that there are three ways to get into the international shipping industry:
- You are born into it;
- You are hit by a shipowner’s limo on Fifth Avenue and he gives you a job out of pity; or
- You are selected by Ardmore Shipping to be a Finance Associate – the best place to start!
From Sir Walter Raleigh to Aristotle Onassis and John Fredriksen, shipping has long been the domain of the bold and adventurous. It is where vast fortunes are made in the blink of an eye and can be lost by the careless just as quickly. Some 90% of the world’s trade by volume travels by sea, and virtually every product made, bought or sold has been affected by shipping; it is the backbone of the global economy. A career in shipping puts you at the economic epicentre of the world, and it’s never dull.
Do you have a love of the sea? Do you have a sense of adventure? Do you love evaluating capital investments, macro-economics and competitive forces? If you do, and you think you have what it takes to leave your mark on this dynamic, high-stakes industry that has endured for centuries, then contact us!
With Ardmore, you won’t just be a small cog in a big wheel. You will be responsible for analyzing and modelling transactions to support strategic investment decisions and provide real and actionable input into how Ardmore should optimize its capital and financial structure to become the best performing tanker company in the world. This is a great opportunity to hone your analytical mind and provide a springboard for a highly successful career in shipping. There are huge career progression opportunities within the company, or in shipping generally, across finance, commercial, operations or senior management.
What We Are Looking For:
- You are detail-oriented, analytical and have an interest in planning for the future. By contributing to Ardmore’s long-term financial strategy, you will assist Senior Management in assessing what lies ahead, identifying challenges and opportunities and ensuring our business stays on-track.
- You will perform financial analysis of capital allocation decisions such as acquisitions, M&A, financing, leasing, capital markets, risk quantification, contract proposals and divestment decisions.
- You have a strategic mindset and ability to evaluate and apply complex financial concepts together with our business plans to support execution of our financial strategy.
- Being part of the analysis and decision-making process, you will work closely with the Finance team together with Accounting, Legal and Senior Management. You will prepare materials for Senior Management, Board and help in developing materials for various external parties such as commercial banks and investors.
- You bring sound quantitative skills, strategic thinking and business judgment along with humility and the ability to communicate effectively, balancing big picture concepts with supportive accurate analysis. This requires the ability to think innovatively and creatively whilst relying on a core of fundamental business understanding. You are a team player who wants to make a difference and contribute to our performance.
- You will need to be intelligent, naturally curious, have an FBI agent’s attention to detail, have the stamina of a Navy Seal and most importantly have a sense of humor!
- You will be based in Cork, Ireland, a harbor city in the south of the country which is rich in history, on the doorstep of some of the best golf courses in the world and home to the world’s oldest yacht club, the Royal Cork Yacht Club founded in 1720.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- MBA from a top business school
- Experience in Banking or Private Equity
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to communicate complex financial concepts in an understandable manner to non-financial personnel
- Must be a problem solver and have a keen eye for detail
- High proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Business curiosity, the ability to identify strategic issues and think creatively
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Willing to occasionally travel for projects
So, do you have what it takes? If you do, send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.