We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services
Alter Domus' Graduate Programme consists of rotations across four asset classes; Private Debt, Real Estate, Fund of Funds and Private Equity, each rotation is 9 months. WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Undergoing dynamic and interactive onboarding & training program designed to quickly and effectively give new joiners the industry skills and contexts needed;
- You will take part in the setup of funds, and implementing complex international real estate structures as part of restructuring plans, mergers and acquisitions;
- Preparing the funds' periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds take-on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set up process.
Alter Domus teams operate on a full service rather than a functionalized model; graduates will learn and understand the complete spectrum of fund services that we provide.
Our end-to-end delivery teams are built around the following principles:
- Expertise per sub-asset class: All teams specialise in a given asset class (Private Equity, Real Estate, Debt, Fund Of Funds).
- End-to-end processing by an integrated team of generalists with full knowledge and control over the full process rather than functionalization of the teams.
- Expert Pools support the delivery teams on specific topics: Consolidation, Liquidations, Tax Compliance, Transfer Pricing, Investor Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
WHAT YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM
- You should have a 2.1 degree (or above) in areas such as Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- You have an interest in accounting for investment products, particularly funds in the Real Estate, Private Equity or Private Debt industries, a relevant internship an advantage;
- You are interested in pursuing further professional development through the ACCA pathway;
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills, you prioritise teamwork, reliability and being organized and you take the initiative to solve problems and generate results.
- Full support in completing ACCA
- Study leave & dedicated areas in our new custom-designed office
- Direct contact with ACCA
- Opportunities for internal promotion
- Regular compensation reviews
- Wide training offering from the Alter Domus Academy
Work Life Balance
- Flexible/Hybrid working arrangements
- 25 days leave including the day off on your birthday
- Day off for graduation
- Sports and social team
- Various local discounts for those working in Alter Domus