We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
The Loan Trade Closing Team is responsible for external client service relating to new issue/par/distressed bank loan trades. Loan structures include large U.S. and European syndications, leveraged middle-market, and special opportunity situations. The candidate will require the skills to work with other parties within the industry, including, attorneys, trade counterparties, administrative agents and others regarding trade confirmations, allocations, KYC documentation, settlements, metrics, and industry initiatives. For our office in Cork/Dublin, we are looking for an experienced Senior Loan Agency Specialist to join our growing Agency Services team within Alter Domus Cork Branch. We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career. Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the bank loan market in order to communicate with business and trading counterparties.
- Take a lead role in the trade settlement process of loan syndications, secondary loan trades, CLO's, restructures, privates, and trade claims including funding and documentation matters.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation to ensure controls are in place and that guidelines are adhered to.
- Act as primary point of contact for certain clients, possibly in an Account Manager role.
- Liaise with Administrative Agents with regard to KYC documentation, including administrative details, tax and fund formation documents.
- Act as mentor and resource for junior members of the team with ability to work toward building and management of team of closers.
- Interact with internal and external counterparts such as Portfolio Management, Attorneys, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Agent Banks, and Trading Counterparts/Brokers.
- Investigate and resolve closing and transactional issues and communicate all issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the review of daily/weekly reports and metrics provided to clients to highlight status of trades and risks.
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, complete, and delegate tasks while providing high attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or commensurate work experience
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems
- Ability to work closely with internal groups and external clients; strong communication skills
- Demonstrated analytic skills, and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools is an advantage.
- Experience working with syndicated loans, preferably settlement of trades on par, distressed, LSTA and LMA documents, as well as trade claims.
- Knowledge of the Clearpar platform is an advantage.