The Loan Trade Closing Team is responsible for external client service relating to new issue/par/distressed bank loan trades. Loan structures include large U.S. and European syndications, leveraged middle-market, and special opportunity situations. The candidate will require the skills to work with other parties within the industry, including, attorneys, trade counterparties, administrative agents and others regarding trade confirmations, allocations, KYC documentation, settlements, metrics, and industry initiatives.
- Competitve Base Salary + Disctretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Benefits
- Cork, Munster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
Manager - Loan Trade Closing
- Demonstrate expert understanding of the bank loan market in order to communicate with business and trading counterparties;
- Take a lead role in the settlement process of loan syndications, secondary loan trades, CLOs, restructures, privates, and trade claims including funding and documentation matters;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation to ensure controls are in place and that guidelines are adhered to;
- Liaise with Administrative Agents with regard to KYC documentation, including administrative details, tax and fund formation documents;
- Working knowledge of the maintenance and distribution of loan documentation inclusive of private and public amendments/ restructures and voting requirements with settled and trade date positions;
- Accountable for oversight, coaching, and performance management of a dedicated team;
- Identify opportunities to improve technology and efficiency across the team.
- Act as primary contact for portfolio of clients;
- Interact with internal and external counterparts such as Portfolio Management, Attorneys, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Agent Banks, and Trading Counterparties/Brokers;
- Investigate and resolve closing and transactional issues and communicate all issues in a timely manner;
- Participate in the review of the daily/weekly reports and metrics provided to clients to highlight status of trades and risks;
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives;
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and complete tasks while providing high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or commensurate work experience;
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems;
- Ability to work closely with internal groups and external clients, using strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytic skills, strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience. Knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools helpful;
- Experience working with syndicated loans, preferably settlement of trades on par, distressed, LSTA, and LMA documents, as well as trade claims.