Senior Software Engineer (Flexible WFH Hybrid Model) | European Financial Services Giant | Cork (Separate Opportunity in Luxembourg) | €550 - €650pd+ Flexible Dependent on Experience
You will be joining one of the largest settlement and custody firms in the world for domestic and international securities, along with services for investment funds, securities lending, and collateral management. They have a rich history tracing back almost half a millennium and have an international team that pushes positive change and empowers you to grow personally and professionally.
- Experience in Linux OS; OIDC and/or SAML SSO; Git; and Apache Maven
- Experience in configuring, deploying, operating and supporting an IaaS Web application infrastructure (httpd, Microsoft IIS, JBoss EAP etc)
- Experience in designing and developing for the provisioning of public Cloud resources (with Ansible and/or Terraform), ideally in Microsoft Azure
- Experience in application security design and vulnerability assessment, especially for Web Internet facing applications
- Experience in TLS (PKI), including its configuration in public Cloud and middleware software; and practical knowledge of certificate/key deployment
- Ability to take, justify and challenge technical architecture decisions
- Ability to structure and document architecture and security concepts; very good English technical writing skills
- Knowledge of the challenges posed by multi-tier Web infrastructures, especially in the areas of high-availability, security, web servicing and transaction management
RedHat OpenShift, ActiveMQ, Kafka, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JavaEE services and APIs, ISO 2700x information security standards, IntelliJ IDE, and Eclipse IDE.
You will use your expert in-depth knowledge in systems development to set the standards for programming tools and techniques and be responsible for the entire software development process; develop large and/ or complex program including design, coding and testing; and define and create test cases, coordinate test activities and report on progress.
You will take responsibilities in a broad range of infrastructure, architecture and information security engineering tasks, covering the entire IFS IT environment. Due to this, you will be a key member of the working team who deliver, design, and support in those fields. Key duties include:
- Analysing and documenting the Information Security aspects of those applications; performing the Information Security risk assessments
Designing, developing and delivering Web server, Application Server and other IaaS middleware infrastructures (RedHat JBoss A-MQ, Redis, Kafka…)
- Designing the architecture and delivering the Cloud infrastructure resources required to support the migration of on-premise applications to Microsoft Azure, taking into account the Information Security constraints applicable to critical Internet-facing applications
- Working autonomously and leading projects assigned to you; coordinating the work of a small team when required
- Developing and maintaining the related automation frameworks, scripts and DevOps connectors, including their documentation
- Managing the relation with the development, infrastructure and information security teams involved in your deliveries
- Working with the other Domain Experts of the group and reporting to the group lead
- Participating in approx. 4 major production implementations each year (Saturday work)
- Interacting with the vendors’ support engineers