Who we are looking for
A challenging position suitable for candidates with about 5-6 years experience in an anti-money laundering role in financial services, ideally with 3-5 years' experience in leading teams. Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of the funds industry, in particular the regulations and requirements in relation to AML. The role will start as individual contributor, but is likely to evolve into managerial (team leading) role. They should be able to interact with staff and customers of all levels as well as with senior executives from within and outside the company and demonstrate a high awareness of and adherence to confidentiality and standards of professionalism. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
The role will be working with the Regulatory Implementation / Support leads on reviewing and assessing the impact of AML/CFT regulatory changes, or related initiatives, for the SSFSIL Ireland Transfer Agency business. This will include working with operations to assess the practical implications of these changes, assisting in the update of procedures and policies, as required, to ensure compliance with our obligations. The role will also provide support and technical expertise to our clients in meeting their own regulatory obligations.
What we value
- As Officer, you will need to remain fully abreast of AML/CFT regulatory changes and initiatives impacting SSFSIL's Transfer Agency business
- Provide guidance and support to operations team on the practical implementation of these changes to ensure our regulatory obligations are met
- Provide AML updates to senior management consulting with colleagues in other State Street offices to help develop consistent AML rules, processes and procedures.
- Providing reporting and assessment of AML matters to TA and Registration management, monitoring the industry for updates to AML regulations and providing guidance on current and proposed AML regulation to management company clients and State Street senior management
- Provide support to Registration in the development and delivery of AML/CFT training
- Provide support on project work
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, demonstrating strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate across different levels
- Excellent report writing skills
- Adhere to confidentiality and standards of professionalism
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, successfully meets deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven technical knowledge of AML regulations and industry practices
- Qualification in financial services, with circa 6 years' experience working in a related field
• Ability to deliver solutions to issues, including more complex issues
• Maintain client focus; demonstrate ability to react to client needs
• Help maintain and improve client performance ratings
• Maintain and improve accuracy and timeliness levels against SLA
• Ensure that key controls, core procedures and job aids are operationally sound Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.