Make Your Mark. Advance your career at State Street.
We are excited to see that you are reviewing career opportunities available at State Street. Follow the tips below when applying. If this opportunity is not right for you - perhaps you may want to refer a friend? Are you advancing your own career?
After clicking "Apply" you will be able to update your Education and Job History. Use it to highlight courses, certifications, achievements or projects you have participated in at State Street. To make updates, go to the Career section of your Profile and edit it manually or by using the "Upload My Experience" option. Remember to review all new entries in your profile and make sure resume information was parsed correctly.
Before applying, please click here to read State Street's Internal Mobility Policy. (For China, click here ) Are you referring a friend?
Please use the "Refer" button on the right. If you have any questions about the process please visit the corporate intranet and type in Refer a Friend
into the search bar. Job Description Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Assistant Vice President to work with a team of professionals to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to mitigate key business risks to comply with relevant regulatory requirements, corporate standards and industry standards. As part of a collaborative global team, you will influence and contribute to Corporate Audit's dynamic plan development process, lead and support execution of strategic audit projects and support staff development. You will be based in Ireland supporting our Global Delivery business (fund accounting, transfer agency, depositary etc.) as well as collaborating with colleagues globally. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Plan and/ or execute audits according to a risk-based methodology, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and prepare audit reports that effectively measure the residual risk in the scope of the review
- The primary area of focus will be on Ireland operations and Corporate Functions including Governance, Finance, Compliance, GHR and Business Risk Management
- Analyze data, facts, and test results to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the effectiveness of the clients internal control environment
- Facilitate effective communication and coordination with business management at all levels. Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the company's operations, establish and maintain strong and effective client relationships within the business and supporting IT organizations and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles
- Meaningfully contribute to change initiatives by participation in system and business process change initiatives with strategic corporate significance by providing input on operational and technological risk issues
- Evidence strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and supervising, coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback and on the job mentoring through the project lifecycle
- Invest in your development by expanding, maintaining and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter (ex. foreign exchange, securities lending and other capital markets and broader State Street activities)
- Display a high degree of professionalism and leadership and possess proficient organizational, analytical, communication and project management skills. Be able to manage complexity, multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO and COBIT); process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm in auditing various business products, support functions and information technology systems.
- Ability to clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk-based audit skills to business units globally.
- A high degree of professionalism and proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience with assessment and testing of fund administration and corporate function areas listed above. Experience in either public accounting or financial services internal audit preferred
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- Experience in financial services processes and technology, automated business process controls and/ or technical application background
- Strong analytical and project management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills as well as interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- While majority of the time you will work from you primary locations, some domestic and international travel is expected to a variety of locations where State Street operates
Travel up to 25% may be required. Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers