Who we are looking for?
If you have hedge fund accounting experience and want to take part in an important transformation initiative, join one of the world's leading brands and apply to State Street.
We are looking for a person who wants to progress as subject matter expert in hedge fund accounting area but is also willing to expand their skillset as people manager.
You will be joining Alternative Investment Solutions - recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds.
Join us and build the future of hedge fund accounting. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- overall team's performance and its success
- overseeing migration of fund accounting data to Geneva accounting system
- assisting in completion of detailed tie-out of NAV pack between two systems, including cash and position reconciliations review, validation of new system portfolio pricing, check if income and expense accruals are in line with legacy system
- ensuring team is executing tasks according to plan and agreed deadlines
- ensuring team is focused on data integrity and completeness
- collaborating with and communicating project status to business team leads and Geneva project managers
- assisting team with queries and being a point of escalation for project stakeholders
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- extensive knowledge of hedge fund accounting systems and NAV end-to-end valuation process
- great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders and teams effectively to resolve any potential issues that might arise during the course of conversion
- strong organizational skills to co-operate with other project stakeholders to address any technical issues
- strong time management skills - ability to prioritize tasks and perform effectively within agreed deadlines
- willingness to develop yourself and your team
- ability to work with global teams
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor Degree
- 6-8 years working experience in hedge fund accounting
- excellent numerical and analytical skills
- experience in project-related and/or people management role
- candidate with Advent Geneva experience is preferable, but not necessary
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers #IJ