Mediolanum is looking for an Analytics and Process Excellence Competency Centre Lead. This new position will lead the data analytics, data-warehousing team and business analysis function at Mediolanum Irish Operations.
It will focus on utilising analytics to provide innovative ways to help Mediolanum leverage data to help strategic and operational decisions and drive process excellence across business functions. The successful candidate will oversee all analytics and process excellence technology delivery related activities to ensure alignment with the company’s IT strategy to support the business.
The role will have clear focus on the end-to-end delivery of analytics and process related deliverables for the business taking an Agile and DevOps approach to delivery.
This person will have over 10 years’ professional experience in a leadership position where they have a proven track record of successfully planning and executing data science projects in addition to leading and building an analytics team of professionals.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Lead and manage the team in the delivery of analytics and process improvements projects across the business using analytics and process improvements skills and experience
- Prioritise, scope and manage the delivery of work across the team and supporting vendors
- Enhance and augment the key methodologies, frameworks, tools and processes for the competency centre, including governance, operational processes, and portfolio management, leveraging what is in place at present, but enhancing based on the candidate’s experience
- Drive the consistent use of a standardised delivery methodology across the business
- Guide the organisation about the business potential and strategy of data science, analytics, and process excellence and delivery the outputs through the competency centre
- Identify and drive data-driven and process improvement opportunities in the business
- Enhance the current skills and capabilities of the team to support the current and future analytics needs of the business
- Provide thought leadership and act as a subject matter expert with respect to analytics, the application of machine learning, and process improvements using robotics
- Use Data Science and Analytics skills to support the team to delivery analytics and ML to the business
- Maintain industry, content and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies.
- Support the definition of wider Data governance and data management initiatives across the business
- Work with business and technical delivery teams to analyse large scale data sets
- Aid in the development of business processes and policies to support and manage the data reporting environment
- 10+ years professional experience in a leadership position, successfully planning, executing data science projects, leading teams and building analytics delivery capabilities in an organisation
- Financial Services experience specifically capital markets or Funds industry
- Candidates ideally will have a specialization in ML, AI, cognitive science or data science.
- Ideally, the candidate is adept in agile methodologies and well-versed in applying DevOps / MLOps methods to the construction of Machine Learning and data science pipelines.
- Experience with data and analytics tools and technologies including R, Cognos, Qlik Sense reporting would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with robotic process automation tools and technologies including UIPath would also be a distinct advantage
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SSIS (integration services) and SQL
- Knowledge of RDBMS and dimensional data modelling
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile methodology experience preferable)
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technologies
- Experience in identifying and defining requirements and turning into functional requirements that addresses difficult analytical and process improvement challenges
- Experience in solving data analytics problems and effectively communicating results and methodologies to senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to present results to management teams to allow them interrupt the results and make effective decisions
- Hold a relevant primary degree (2.1 or higher) in mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics or finance, and be working toward or hold a recent Masters in a related discipline