PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The Asset Setup team is responsible for establishing and maintaining PIMCO's proprietary reference data warehouse. The team utilizes a variety of sources like Bloomberg or Reuters as well as offering documents to ensure the accurate population of security and issuer level attributes and tables. The position requires frequent interaction with teams throughout the organization including Legal & Compliance, Technology, Analytics, Risk, Product, Account and Portfolio Management to obtain and populate relevant information in a timely manner. Asset Setup's other core responsibiliti es include answering complex product related inquiries. In this position, the analyst will have exposure to all the products that PIMCO trades and play a key role in the live trade flow process. A strong technical background is required along with a solid understanding of the financial markets.
Core Responsibiliti es:
- Create & maintain security masters & issuers in PIMCO's proprietary data warehouse
- Analyze corporate structures and assign classification s for both public and private companies
- Answer inquiries from various departments throughout the firm and outside the firm
- Perform data integrity reviews and ad hoc projects to support firm- wide initiatives
- Act as a liaison between business units and technology Perform detailed data analysis with the ability to summarize and communicate to a wide audience of consumers.
- Query and reconcile trade tickets in a timely and accurate manner in a high-volume trading environment. These reconcilements tend to be research oriented and require the use of Business Objects to resolve.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Economics preferred
- Understanding of the financial markets and products Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
- Ability to consistently produce accurate, high quality results with close attention to detail
- Solid time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines while multi-tasking
- Strong communication skills with ability to tailor the response based on specific audiences
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.