As an Automation Engineer within the global Platform Engineering Team, your main responsibility will be the delivery and transformation of State Street's infrastructure towards a software designed platform, administered by codebases.
We would like the person to be passionate about automation development and if not, have aspirations to become an SME and we will help you get there. This role will provide you with the opportunity to help us change our culture and drive change across the organization. Together we will try and work on improving and scaling automation both internally and in the cloud for an enhanced user experience, one we can be proud of.
We offer flexible working and remote working options and don't expect you to be in the office 5 days a week, but can if that is what you prefer. Upon submission and acceptance of your CV we will look to communicate with you quickly and recruit via a panel, which if you're right, the job offer will come quickly. We realise that waiting or never getting a response is not a wanted part of applying for a new job.
The below is what we are looking for but you may not have it all, we will expect you to learn and bridge the gaps of which we have a great learning platform called Degreed, with a wide range of learning materials and sources for you. We are creating an, "above the line" culture and we need people to think like this. What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Develop in coding languages such as Python or/and YAML
- Use your knowledge of the technologies you'll be automating on, UNIX, Windows, Storage, Networking to create Ansible Playbooks replacing manual work
- Help us build an API connected platform for automation
- Communicate and help grow a vibrant automation community across the enterprise
- Build and maintain strong relationships across internal customers to build the requirements and framework.
- Help us to build an automation product catalogue for our customers to order from
- Enjoy working in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Be passionate about driving change through an organization
- Never accept what we have is good enough, always look through analysis and monitoring of our estate to protect our assets
- You realise collaboration and relationship building is key to getting things done but is also good for you
- You're passionate about what you do and proud of what you have achieved so far, but you want to do more
- You want to learn to further your technical but also personal skill sets.
- You do have proven experience working in an environment that has complicated and difficult problems to solve
- You are not afraid to try new things, it may be good, it may not work, but at least you tried and we learned together.
- You take accountability, think big, start small and own it - be ambitious but understand that we need to work iteratively to achieve the best results.