Description About this role Background
BlackRock Asset Management (Ireland) Limited ("BAMIL") is the largest management company in Europe with assets under management of €886 bn and approx. 534 Funds. It is licensed as a Management Company for both UCITS and Alternative Investment Funds.
As is common in the funds industry, BAMIL has appointed a number of internal and external outsourced service providers ("OSPs") to conduct various functions/activities on its behalf and/or on behalf of the funds it manages. BAMIL now wishes to employ an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to oversee the implementation and maintenance of its Outsourcing and Operational Resilience Frameworks. The Role
The key purpose of this role is the implementation and maintenance of the BAMIL Outsourcing Framework for the oversight of BAMIL's appointed OSPs and ensuring the operational resilience of BAMIL. This role also comprises a dynamic mix of business-as-usual activities and project management, ensuring that BAMIL stays abreast of developments in the regulatory environment as it relates to outsourcing and operational resilience. The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with their counterparts across EMEA to share relevant insights, as well as to identity and create scalable and cost-efficient oversight procedures.
In addition, the successful candidate shall support the BAMIL CEO and COO in ensuring BAMIL meets its strategic objectives.
This is an ideal role for a candidate with outsourcing and operational oversight experience and who is looking to at the forefront of navigating the changing regulatory and economic landscape facings Funds in Ireland.
The BAMIL EMEA Governance - Oversight & Governance Role Associate role reports to the BAMIL Chief Operating Officer and is based in Dublin.
- Researching and capturing best practices in governance, outsourcing, operational resilience and related areas.
- Working with the BAMIL Senior Management Team to ensure that key requirements under the Outsourcing Operational Resilience Frameworks are undertaken ahead of the relevant deadlines;
- Working closely with BAMlL's risk management function to ensure all applicable risks are appropriately managed;
- Support of the BAMIL Outsourcing Committee, including the preparation of relevant materials;
- Acting as subject matter expert to BAMIL on the Central Bank of Ireland's Cross Industry Guidelines on Outsourcing;
- Maintenance of the BAMIL Outsourcing Register;
- Supporting the CEO and COO in meeting BAMIL's strategic objectives as well as conducting reviews of certain regulatory and operational documents supporting BAMIL's operations.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement;
- 5-7 years of prior relevant experience in the Irish investment funds industry/business;
- Experience with Central Bank of Ireland's Cross Industry Guidelines on Outsourcing and Operational Resilience or the EBA Guidelines on Outsourcing a distinct advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (focus on Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organisation and build positive relationships with team members, managers, and senior leaders in multiple locations around the world;
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards;
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgement; and
- Perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
Key personal attributes will also include:
- Desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence and delivering impact;
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing deliverables and tight deadlines;
- A commitment to completion and delivery;
- Intellectual curiosity is advantageous as it is necessary to understand wide ranging and demanding topics.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.