BlackRock Investment Risk (Index Strategies) - Associate
Description About this role
We are looking for an experienced professional to join the Risk & Quantitative Analysis team based in Dublin, with a focus on Investment Risk Management of index strategies. Organization Business
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a leading provider of investment management, risk management, and advisory services to diverse investors globally. BlackRock offers our clients a range of solutions, from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management strategies to highly efficient index strategies for broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of products, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds, other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs
BlackRock's Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of
BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA Investment Risk's principal responsibility is to ensure that the risks in BlackRock's portfolios are fully understood by our portfolio managers and senior management and are consistent with clients' objectives. We also help to build "state-of-the-practice" quantitative models and analytics that help inform risk taking and portfolio construction across the firm. RQA team members tackle real-world problems, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to provide tangible solutions in the investment management process. Description of Group
You will partner up with our Index Investment teams in EMEA to deliver independent risk oversight, risk advice, and provide quantitative analysis to assist with portfolio construction, product design and investor engagement. You will join a team of risk managers focusing on Blackrock's successful and growing array of index strategies, spanning segregated mandates, pooled funds and the iShares ETF range. EMEA managed Index Strategies represent over USD 1 trillion AUM, their recent growth being a reflection their ongoing success. Your responsibilities will focus on our Ireland-domiciled ranges, and will include both daily risk management and oversight, and contribution to long term, strategic projects and enhancements to risk and portfolio management processes. Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple but impactful terms in order to influence portfolio construction decisions
- Ensuring that the book of business is risk managed on an ongoing basis, and that risk exceptions are identified and escalated in a timely fashion
- Application of quantitative techniques to real-world problems including analyzing portfolio risk drivers, reviewing portfolio construction and understanding financial markets
- Ability to apply concepts of portfolio construction, stress testing, risk & performance attribution, and liquidity analysis
- Familiarity with the concepts of index investing and with the dynamics related to ETFs
- A track record of analyzing markets, portfolios and investments in equity, credit and fixed income
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, collaborate with team members across BlackRock's global locations to conduct quantitative research on global investment markets
- Comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders, including boards and regulators
- Support the local BlackRock regulated entity (BlackRock Asset Management Ireland Limited) Board, Designated Persons and senior management team in implementing the BAMIL risk management framework and perform investment risk management oversight, in accordance with Central Bank of Ireland regulatory requirements and European Union Directives.
- An advanced degree in mathematics, quantitative finance, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering or another quantitative field
- Proven experience in the risk or investment management industry
- An industry certification from GARP or similar organization would be a plus
- Some coding skills in R or Python and the willingness to build upon these
- Knowledge of factor risk equity models highly desirable
- Highly organized and able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.