My client are offering an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Analyst to lead their project teams operating within their clients finance functions.
The role will require delivery of various projects around streamlining and improving finance functions and procedures.
- Improvement in the financial statement close process through reduction in time-lines, or increasing the robustness or quality of the output
- Introduction of new or improved management information through the use of new BI tools or the introduction of and monitoring of appropriate KPI's
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the finance function through increased digitisation including the use of data analytics
- Provision of support and or control of monthly financial processes
Design and Implementation Projects:
- Redesign of existing finance function responsibilities
- Transition management - assisting with the on-shoring or off-shoring of finance related processes
- Consideration of technology in the finance function including review and selection of enabling technology and implementation of the business process aspects of such technology
- Projects which require diagnosis, stabilisation and process redesign arising from a critical business or P&L issues being highlighted by or to an entities key stakeholder group
- Audit findings, entities find themselves in a position where as a result of an inspection significant deficiencies may be identified in business or finance processes
- Data integrity - typically arising from foreign currency, inventory or inter-company, financial statement balances may be inexplicable, move in a counter-intuitive manner or creating volatility or noise in the primary statements
- Regulatory findings - arising from unexplained differences on Regulatory reporting or findings on client asset reviews, mis-selling of financial services products or non-adherence to BAU regulatory requirements
Skills and Experience
- 5 -8 year's experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in a professional services or industry environment.
- Specific experience of having been part of large scale finance projects in a multinational environment
- Appropriate professional qualification, which may be based in accounting or another appropriate discipline
- Confident person with excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.