Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will be a leader within the Alternatives segment of State Street and the Business Technology team with the primary role of connecting resources and expertise across our business in ways we haven't before. As the organisation continues to move towards achieving a digital enterprise this role will involve combining data management and access technologies, process improvements and talent to drive innovative products and solutions, eliminate operational defects, strengthen our risk excellence and improve our client service.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in the fund industry, products and services including a good understanding of industry standards and regulatory and reporting requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
Business SME and Product Owner - Representative of the business who speaks as the "one voice of the customer"
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Define AIS product vision and strategy, business case, business requirements and maximises ROI, leading with an owners mindset representing one voice for the business
- Enhance the wider Geneva and Data Strategy solutions to offer best in class products and infrastructure services by continuing to optimize the AIS E2E architecture providing a robust GL operating environment and comprehensive Unified Data Architecture.
- Simplify end-to-end operating model and increase productivity, execute core upstream process changes to drive efficiency and reduce cost-to-serve in middle and back office; focusing on end-to-end design for development and execution planned for 2022/23
- Embed productivity plans, tools, and metrics across Alternatives to enable capacity management and to improve operational, employee efficiency and service quality
- Assist the business to increase resiliency and reduce operational risk; automate prioritized manual processes and redesign controls with increased prevention/detection capabilities
- Increase level of collaboration with business across Alternatives and the firm, in support of Hedge Strategy, IS, Alpha, FOHF, Private Markets, AIS Liquid Alternatives and Digital Assets growth and retention strategies
- Assist senior management with SME consultation and support new business proposals and product offering, bring thought leadership and deep knowledge to expand pipeline and client wallet opportunities
About State Street What we do.
- Competent to Expert with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent accounting qualification and work experience with a focus in a related field is preferred
- Eight years + financial services experience with preferably five of those in hedge funds and two at AVP level at State Street, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships within and outside of the organization.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation, managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to act as a role model for the company.
- Demonstrated commitment, reliability and performance at VP level or equivalent.
- Proven track record in applying company internal controls and policies
- Ability to build, train, mentor and manage efficient and effective teams.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers