Who we are looking for?
You! If you want to gain experience in the largest financial administrator in Ireland in a managerial position within a strategically important function, then State Street Ireland is the place for you. We are looking for someone with strong risk and control experience within the fund and financial services industries together with excellent client relationship skills to join the Irish arm of State Street's global Corporate Audit function. Keep reading to hear more. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. The Corporate Audit function, operating as the third line of defense, assists State Street management by providing independent and objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the overall control environment. Our auditors interact regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations. This role is designed to further develop local expertise within a growing team reflecting the importance of Ireland in State Street's global presence. What will you be responsible for?
The successful candidate will manage internal audit engagements and assist senior management in completing risk assessment, continuous monitoring, audit universe maintenance and audit plan development. Among other tasks, the candidate will also:
- develop strong operational and regulatory subject matter expertise
- schedule, oversee and deliver audit engagements, including audit report and issue matrix deliverables
- develop and maintain influential relationships with senior management through continuous monitoring and governance forum attendance and management reporting as required
- demonstrate leadership through supervision, coaching and development of staff
- participate in department wide initiatives, challenging the department's organization, processes and services to ensure that they remain at or above peer/ industry standards
- Strengthen internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/ understanding of control concepts
For the majority, the candidate will work from our primary locations here in Ireland, however; some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates. What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Team skills - demonstrated ability to work with people at different levels
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to meet key deliverables within stated timeframes
- Strong relationship management and client facing skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills as well as interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry, in particular depositary, custody, fund accounting, transfer agency, global market and corporate function processes
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- Demonstrable experience of:
- assessment and testing of business, application and IT general controls.
- leading and supervising audit engagements
Apply today - Join a global player with local values. About State Street What we do.
- CISA, ACA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Business Administration is preferred but not essential
- (Experience in either public accounting or financial services internal audit preferred)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible work programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers