The CIO of Mediolanum Irish Operations (MIO) will be responsible for leading the IT strategy and managed services, IT team resourcing, skills development, competencies and to advise the CEO and the Board of Directors on the necessary technological transformation to support future growth and a culture of a data driven decision making, in a secured environment by ensuring compliance to best-in-class cyber security standards.
Reporting to: CEO
The ideal candidate is a Senior Manager with a minimum 15-20+ years with relevant experience of technology transformation, cyber security, management change and effective delivery of the implementation of complex projects, innovative technologies and applications.
He/She needs to be data fluent and to have experience in data monetisation by maximizing the value extracted from data insights (eg analytics and AI), generating efficiency (eg automation and RPAs), optimising data access and distribution (eg Cloud, APIs) and integration with core applications. The role is to make data-driven insights available to frontline decision makers in a timely manner, as a product manager tease out features and functionality requirements from different stakeholders, identifies commonalities and develops solutions to meet these requirements.
This role requires someone who can keep a positive relationship with stakeholders, manage finances, meet deadlines, lead a team, stay organized, manage conflict and use creativity to find ways to continue to enhance the service. The candidate will have access to internal, external resources and suppliers, which he/she will be responsible to select, manage and supervise their services and deliveries.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- The Chief Information Officer’s (or ‘CIO’) role is to provide vision and leadership by defining the strategy to evolve the technology to support business growth.
- He/She will ensure that our IT infrastructure is the most suitable for our needs by anticipating trends in the marketplace in technology developments in general and specifically around Cyber Security by determining what technologies are required for developing and build, buy, crowdsource, or assemble.
- He/She will be managing projects, fixing any reliability issues, tracking service metrics, managing budgets and helping lead the professionals responsible for getting services delivered; including troubleshooting technical issues, ensuring that service agreements get met and assisting with contract renewal.
- He/She will promote the digitalisation of internal processes as a key objective. He/She will play a key role in the integration of the internet, Cloud and mobile devices with our core platforms and those of our business partners.
- He/She will continue the development of our strategy on ‘Big Data’ analytics to enable data monetisation in all areas of the business to gain faster and better insights to support decision making and enhance analysis/oversight of the core drivers of our business and our clients’ needs and behaviours. He/She will work with the Head of Data Governance for the data architecture of the organisation; ensuring quality, reliability and cost efficiency to enable the effective execution of analytics across the organisation.
- He/She will be driving operational efficiency exploring value for money solutions, taking into account possible Group synergies by analysing, re-engineering existing business processes, by identifying, developing and adopting new tools to leverage on automation, by reshaping the enterprise physical infrastructure and network access.
- He/She will direct the planning and implementation of our enterprise IT systems to support and streamline business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, business development and ensuring maximum user adoption. He/She will have responsibility for all aspects of the organisation’s information technology and systems from the strategic plan to procurement.
- He/She should be in constant contact with their vendors, but they should also network to keep up with start-ups and track new technologies that could bring business value. Additionally, he/she should scout the ecosystem of external data sources to identify those that would further enable businesses to draw valuable insights and find ways of tapping into these resources.
Skills and Competencies
- Expert in team leadership through business needs, systems design, and healthy accountability
- Experienced in process for system design, system architecture, system implementation project management, final Test and Acceptance of systems and hand over
- Effective and structured approach in managing vendors and suppliers
- Proven communication, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and proven experience influencing and communicating effectively
- Flexible and experienced managing multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines
- Effective escalation and shift priorities without compromising deadlines and quality
- Strong strategic and business mindset as well as understanding of how to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and rigor, can-do attitude, and desire to learn
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of vulnerabilities, cyber risks and threats in hardware and software
- Excellent understanding of data analytics and automation
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Background in supporting a 24/7 critical environment
- A strong passion for learning, adopting and experimenting new technologies
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience as CIO or similar managerial role
- Experience in developing a long-term strategy for technology platforms that translate into an achievable roadmap
- Experience in having worked in a data-driven decision-making organisation
- Technical experience across security disciplines – web applications, mobile, infrastructure, etc
- Experience in building and managing teams that designs and delivers scalable, extensible digital frameworks
- Experience with open source technologies, cloud technology and architecture, object-oriented design, server less architecture, overall systems development life cycle and agile development methodologies
- Experience in building, leading and nurturing a team of highly motivated and innovative team members.